Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dec 15, 11:00 AM (ET)

By DOUG GROSS

LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) - Two federal agents were shot early Friday at a suburban Atlanta apartment complex while serving a search warrant for firearms.

The agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and DeKalb County police were met with "numerous rounds of gunfire" after knocking and announcing their presence, said Jeffrey Pearce, assistant special agent in charge of the ATF office in Atlanta.

Two agents were struck, one in the knee and one in the lower abdomen, he said.

Pearce did not say whether the agents returned fire. He said the suspects were not wounded.

After the shooting, other agents persuaded the suspects to surrender. Two men and a woman were taken into custody on state aggravated assault charges.

Federal charges were pending, Pearce said.

The wounded agents, members of a fugitive task force, were taken to hospitals and were expected to survive, DeKalb County police dispatchers said.

Pearce said the agents' names likely will not be released.

"They handled themselves, from the information I've been given, in an exemplary fashion," he said. "Unfortunately, with the violence we see ongoing in America and Georgia as well, agents face this kind of danger on a daily basis."

Between six and 10 agents, in addition to DeKalb County police, carried out the raid, Pearce said.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Glad they are gonna be OK-I'd say they had the right place this time...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
What a sad report. It seems like anymore that criminals are better armed than the good guys. I think that modern media combined with TV violence has hardened our criminal society to the point
that wrong doers have no fear at all. I am glad that I am out of law enforcement now. I hope and
pray that those two officers make a 100 percent recovery.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This breakdown began in the home-our kids pick up our attitudes about authority and go from there...

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by wetidlerjr

Dec 15, 11:00 AM (ET)

By DOUG GROSS

LITHONIA, Ga. (AP) - Two federal agents were shot early Friday at a suburban Atlanta apartment complex while serving a search warrant for firearms.

Pearce did not say whether the agents returned fire. He said the suspects were not wounded.
It too bad the agents were shot and the suspects were unharmed and able to go to jail.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That has always been my view-if they'd fire on announced LEO-what would they do to unarmed citizens who got in their way-----the facts may or may not be as reported-this is a Federal action...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The liberal mine set in our school is teaching you are not responsible for your actions. Talk can cure all ills and mother earth is god.
What ever happen to you are responsible for your actions good or bad and you pay the price. Years ago we were taught God, Guns, and Guts made this country great. What Happened?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Those who are uncomfortable with God, guns, and guts or lack understanding of the above find it easier to say "can't we just all get along" and "be tolerant" and "be nice" and the like-if they don't take a stand-noone will challenge them...give me men who, in spite of their sins and weaknesses, stand up to fight for what they know is right---they did build this country-not nice guys who won't look you in the eye....some of the finest gentlemen on this forum and other places in life are the ones you don't want to crowd or try to force garbage on...deal with trouble or have it move in with you-that's the truth-this country's got cancer of the backbone and the ones being criticized the most are the ones who do something.....we need to study what the men who began this country believed, and what they gave up and sacrificed in their own lives--for you and me...but I know I'm preachin' to the choir-----all we can do is speak up when the chance comes and TEACH OUR CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN-they're not getting it in school/college........

·
Registered
880 Posts
The take-off on schools, and what is taught is interesting.

There is no doubt that certain texts...notably History and Government, aren't what they used to be, probably intending to mold young minds a bit differently.

BUT...there are some really "bright stars" in the teaching community...well grounded in truth, or God, Mom and apple pie!...still. These people work hard to impart truth and stay within parameters, and most succeed, at least "where I am".

I'm lucky...I get to work in schools and see the kind of folks I mentioned. I'm doubly lucky because I get to teach programs to kids that stress values, choices and personal accountability, with a bit' o' pride n' honor thrown in. It's a priviledge to do that!
Heck, if I weren't doin' this, I'd sure be retired n' doin' somethin' else. There are...still...alot of "right-minded people" in education.

BUT...certainly education, like LE or any other "public service" is to some extent "under seige", and it becomes harder to recruit motivated, caring people to enter the classroom or "take to th' streets!" It's something we all can help by encouraging apt youngsters to "go fer it!" n' learn from those still there, who are worthy of emulation.

We, amigos, get older n' tired but still, we gotta keep faith in some of them younger n' us who ARE grounded right and DO want to impart the right values and truths...and help when we can...

Apologies, fellas, fer' carryin' on so...

And...Sheepdog, in a lotta places, they sure aren't gettin' it ( tenure can be a great thing for a caring n' noble educator or a NIGHTMARE fer' youngun's if the educator is a "protected" flake!..) and that amigo, is why you n' I n' others gotta find the good ones n' encourage em' to stay th' fight n' cut out that cancer....or we stand to lose the country that we know n' love...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If there is no right and wrong-then everything and everyone is OK-until it comes home to roost at "their" house-then they scream "Why didn't somebody do something?" I'm a somebody-so are we each and all-can't have it both ways-and only one works.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts