·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I didn't know John Wayne was funny. LOL

Clint Eastwood is still my favorite Old Western actor.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know John Wayne was funny. LOL

Clint Eastwood is still my favorite Old Western actor.
I think that's the only comedic role I've ever seen him in. He was good and his timing was great!

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loved it but I couldn't stop watching all the others.
If you're not offended by some shady language, google his bloopers, especially with Martha Raye. Man, she had a mouth on her! But they're hysterical. These were rehearsals, of course.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
If you're not offended by some shady language, google his bloopers, especially with Martha Raye. Man, she had a mouth on her! But they're hysterical. These were rehearsals, of course.
Those are great. I can't belief they got away with some of them.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are great. I can't belief they got away with some of them.
They were never aired or intended to be seen but apparently exec's and stuff could see through closed circuit TV and they all used to tune and and watch the rehearsals.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Funny in a corny sort of way.
But that's probably how it was meant to be..... :confused:

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny in a corny sort of way.
But that's probably how it was meant to be..... :confused:
Red Skeleton was corny but he had one of the best sense of timing in the business. He's one of my all time favorites. I've seen him and Lucille Ball perform together and I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hurt myself.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Red Skeleton was corny but he had one of the best sense of timing in the business. He's one of my all time favorites. I've seen him and Lucille Ball perform together and I laughed so hard I thought I was going to hurt myself.
Mine too. He made it okay for a comedian to laugh at himself. A lot of the time him laughing was a lot funnier than the script.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine too. He made it okay for a comedian to laugh at himself. A lot of the time him laughing was a lot funnier than the script.
Exactly. My favorite times were when he started laughing so hard and just lost it! :D

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Could not agree, more. They don't make 'em like those two, anymore. My grandma and I never missed a Red Skelton show and John Wayne? There will never be another Duke.

One of the things we loved about Red is that he never got a laugh at anyone else's expense, never put down another soul, never had a bad word to say about anyone. That kind of comedy seems to have gone out of fashion.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could not agree, more. They don't make 'em like those two, anymore. My grandma and I never missed a Red Skelton show and John Wayne? There will never be another Duke.

One of the things we loved about Red is that he never got a laugh at anyone else's expense, never put down another soul, never had a bad word to say about anyone. That kind of comedy seems to have gone out of fashion.
Yep, they don't make them like that anymore. One of my fairly current new-er comedians is Stephen Wright. He's hilarious and doesn't have to get dirty. He may imply something sometimes, but is never dirty. Red Skelton implied a lot! But he always kept his aired shows clean. His rehearsals were another matter! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts