Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own many single actions but these two have been hard working meat getters, more so than any others in the stable. At some time I thought the Hogue grips were a good idea on the stainless 44 Dragoon which by the way is the only Dragoon I own, I’m not particularly fond of the square trigger backs which most likely contributed to my decision, I also thought the hogue’s should be on the single six since I was using them on the other meat getter and so it has been for over twenty years.
Over a year ago I thought hmmmm I use more traditional wood grips on all other single actions and without problem so why do I have these ugly old things on these two? I have thought about it many times since but never took action until today, yea they are ugly factory grips and maybe someday I will get them something a little fancier, time will tell. (truth be told most all my SA’s wear factory shoe’s)
096A3CFD-FE1B-44B9-824E-715FE3A37A34.jpeg
6C3727CC-F4BC-4BEE-B8F8-DE405227E475.jpeg

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,679 Posts
I think they look great in the factory grips. I know that I need the Hogues to hang onto my SBH .44 magnum. Factory grips work fine for the Single Six though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You are right. Those old Hogue's are BFU. Both revolvers look every so much happier now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts