Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 10/22 in late July. First time I dis-reassembled the trigger group the instructions I was using showed 2 plastic bushings on either side of the hammer that has a pin that goes through to hold the spring. ....(B-43 in the attached schematic)

I am pretty sure I didn't misplace the parts..... Did they forget it at factory? or is it not in assembly any more?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've got 3 of these rifles. The hammer bushings are only the two shown in the drawing, B-43. The pin goes thru the housing, bushings, hammer and the spring. Holds everything in the trigger housing. Some people add shims to take some of the side movement out of the hammer or trigger.
Good Idea if you take the trigger out to have a slave pin to hold everything together and watch the spring and plunger behind the trigger blade if you do take the trigger out. That spring sometimes likes to launch its self into parts unknown.
Don't mess with the safety. If that thing gets rotated in the housing, you run the risk of that spring and plunger flying to places you don't want to be crawling around looking for them. If you do decide to temp fate, put the trigger housing in a clear plastic bag and stick your hands in there. There is no real reason to mess with the safety but some folks seem to want to try.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The old style hammers have separate bushings. The new ones have the "bushings" cast into the hammer, so it's all one part now rather than three. If your hammer has what look like cannon trunnions, that's a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I wonder why they changed the design? (less parts?)
Wonder why they never updated the schematic?

There is no play in the hammer in the hosuing side to side... seems ok

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Thanks guys.

I wonder why they changed the design? (less parts?)
Wonder why they never updated the schematic?

There is no play in the hammer in the hosuing side to side... seems ok
The manual is still valid for older units - and if they updated the manual every time a small change was made for every version made they would have an extensive library of documents - which I don't think would necessarily be a problem - but it could get confusing to find the right doc for your particular firearm. Even if they tagged the manual by serial number - perhaps they don't have a completely clean start / stop for every part for every version of even a single firearm with all the variations produced.

An example where something in the manual is just plain wrong - for example indicating that the screw on an adjustable sight should be turned the opposite way than it really should be turned - seems to me like something that should be easy enough to correct and delete the incorrect version and replace it with the correct version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes sense for every little change. For example, I had to use an Allen key instead of a flathead screwdriver to remove the stock. Don't know how long that's been used by Ruger.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Magazine release is sill shown as the flush style. Little things change and really don't necessitate a redoing of the drawing. Just a bit of taking the time to carefully see what is depicted and what is present instead of relying on each and every detail being exact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts