Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been reading up on these great P series battle tanks and have gotten 2 in the last 2 weeks. My first was the P95 w/2 15 round mags and it is a shooting machine, it eats any ammo that I feed it. Then came across a deal on a local gun selling site for a P89 w/2 15 round mags and 2 10 round mags. Brought it home and gave it a good cleaning and ready to take it to the woods tomorrow and give it a workout. If it will shoot anything close to my P95 I will be very happy.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll be pleased with the P-89 as well. I have one that has seen little use since I bought it in 2008. That has changed recently though because I'm going to use it for handload development which will include +P loads. If you feel up to the task you can disassemble the P series pistols and polish all of the parts where metal contacts metal. Stay away from polishing the sear and hammer engagement surfaces though. Avoid polishing the engagement surfaces where the trigger bar and hammer hook make contact for the DA pull as well. Polishing all of the other parts will result in a crisper SA and smoother DA pulls. My P-89 is really great now. ;)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
You cannot go wrong with the P95. And nothing under $400 even comes close !

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
For whatever reason... my P89 wasnt as accurate as my P95s are. My 89 was a decocker, and I like that better than the decocker/safety of the 95. I would have liked to add a Crimson Trace LaserGrip to my 95 but... nope.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you feel up to the task you can disassemble the P series pistols and polish all of the parts where metal contacts metal.
I have already polished the ejection ports on the both, good and shiny now!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations, both solid handguns.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P95 & 89 range report

Just got to shoot both pistols together and both are fantastic shooters. I shot 25 rounds thru them each with 0 problems. Both have a little trigger creep and wished that was a tad shorter but I can live with it. The triggers should smooth out as I shoot them. Shooting 10 rounds each from 15 yds., the P95 had 3 out of center target and the P89 had only 2. Both are on the money and my pick out of the two for a little friendly competition would have to be the P89, but could do great with the P95 also. Now I have to clean them, I don't like dirty Rugers. Oh by the way, I am hooked on Rugers now and glad I found these 2 great guns.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Welcome aboard. Excellent choice of firearms you've made! I myself am a solid P series devotee, and will give mine up when the Pope becomes a Baptist.;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Congrats on your P95; I have one also and it's a nice shooter. Besides the 115gr, give the 124 & 147gr a try - you might like em...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I'm going to sell my Davidsons P89, I'm much better with both of my P95's. I'll give it one more range session and if we don't come to an agreement it's going down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts