Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Black Mamba back from Volquartsen about a month ago. It was giving me fit with failure to fire and ammo not going off. I tried my best to figure it out but finally just sent it back to Volquatsem for their special treatment and since getting it back I haven't had 1 failure.

A part of the top end broke off which caused the problems.

I shot yesterday's SCSA match without a malfunction. I've now gone 2000 rounds with no problems using CCI -SV ammo and Blazer 38 grainers. I now feel confident in the gun and although I clean it after each match and put a drop of oil on the bolt before every shooting session I am now shooting only the BM, leaving my Mark IV 22/45 Lite in the safe when I go to a match.

I do most of my practice on a 6 inch Shoot-N-See target at 15 yards. My misses are lateral so I'm still working on grip and finger placement. I have gone to a very loose grip and very relaxed stance to see if this corrects my problem

I'll take any suggestions.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't do a loose grip. You need a firmer grip for more precise fire and to keep muzzle rise to a minimum. Don't apply a death grip to the point that you cause tremors. Just experiment to see how tightly you can grip the pistol without the tremors. From there, focus on pivoting your trigger finger from the second joint, only, with no movement at the knuckle or first joint. That's the key to getting rid of lateral spreads.

You can practice it without a pistol in your hand, first. I learned that about 23 years ago, and it made all of the difference in the world. I've been practicing that trigger finger technique in a daily basis since then.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,265 Posts
It's great to hear that your pistol is humming along for you now. Enjoy running those rounds downrange.

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Glad to hear you are satisfied ... would love a picture

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
A good gunsmith can do wonderous things ... the hard part is finding the good gunsmith !
Harder than finding a good Classic Car Mechanic !!!
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts