Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all other designs and models aside, what your 10/22 plans for the coming year?
I have 3 builds in various stages I want to finish up. One I just need to go pick up the barrel and assemble. The rest is ready. Second, i gotta either locate a silver receiver or strip one of the extas here down. A barrel after that and during wait, I'll do the trigger and order optics. The third, that's getting Kidd all around. Stock and barrel here. Just gotta make the drive for the receiver and trigger then irder the optics.
Then perhaps deciding exactly what to do with a barrell sitting here. That should be it for me unless something really different comes along. These will make 20 in the racks. :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Well we got the grandson a carbine for Christmas & I did the bolt release deal on it & polished the contact points on the bolt & charge handle. Also polished the hammer & rear edge of the bolt, now I guess he just needs to burn up a bunch of ammo. I'll put him a GI sling on it shortly so he will be ready for the next Appleseed around here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We're just working our way through our first 10/22--me and the grandkids. They seem to like shooting it more than working on it. But I've already got them messing around with the trigger group. Stoned & polished the sear-hammer. Lightened springs, added shims. Trigger works pretty nice now.
Got a GM heavy sporter barrel on the GM 12-days of Christmas sale, so we need to do something about a stock.

Also added a plastic bolt recoil stop pin just to keep the OEM pin from falling out every time we take the stock off!!! Aggravating!!!

So, nothing special on the 10/22 build. But we're having fun working on it. And accuracy doesn't seem to be a very high priority for them--as long as they can blow up cans of soda pop with it at 25 yards. (I used to be 10 & 11 once upon a time... but we had tougher cans in those days and it took a .22 hornet to blow them up. And we only got to shoot one can a month.)

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I want a SS International. If I can't find one I'll build one.
Gunbroker has some. I want another one. I bought a 10/22 International SS earlier this year, sweet little rifle. I plan on getting another in 2013 as well as another SR22P.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My plans for 2013 are to shoot the devil out of the ones I just finished up. I'm retired and hopefully my boys can find some spare time for the old man. I think my next one is going to be from a beater I find at a good price. And if I don't find one thats fine too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My 10/22 currently has: Kidd bolt buffer and auto bolt release and a barska scope.

I'm hoping to eventually replace the synthetic stock with a tapco intrafuse stock and either replace the trigger assembly or replace a few of the parts. Stock trigger is pretty heavy... Maybe add a bipod.

Don't really have any other plans...I'm pretty happy with it as is, mainly the trigger I want to tweak.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just got my 10/22 for xmas and have only run 10 shots through it. Swapped in Tech Sights TSR200 to replace the factory pumpkin post, more of a ghost ring fan. Next on the list is a larger bolt handle and a trigger job. Wouldn't mind doing a bolt hold back on it. Or a bolt release. Trigger job sometime, maybe a better barrel down the road. Next on my list of toys is to finally get my .300win mag :D not looking to change the 10/22 carbine that much. I like it being close to what my dad had in 74

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
My 10/22 currently has: Kidd bolt buffer and auto bolt release and a barska scope.

I'm hoping to eventually replace the synthetic stock with a tapco intrafuse stock and either replace the trigger assembly or replace a few of the parts. Stock trigger is pretty heavy... Maybe add a bipod.

Don't really have any other plans...I'm pretty happy with it as is, mainly the trigger I want to tweak.
The trigger is really all that needs to be done. But I have changed other things as well.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I'am the proud new owner of a 10-22 Carbine as of 1/2. I plan to shoot several hundred rounds threw her as is and hope to find that she's a sweet shooter. The potential for upgrades/refinements promises to keep this plinker a favorite for many years. Please keep the ideas coming for us newbies.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Picked up a used carbine stock off e-Bay a bit back. I've got to sand the channel for the SS heavy taper barrel I got during the GM sale. I'm also going to sand down + blend the step where the barrel band goes. Then there's bedding the receiver/barrel.

Still got to decide about reworking the grip area, cheek rest, lengh of pull, and butt drop of the used stock or cut and graft a chunk of birch and go from scratch.

Once the stock is figured out, it's "do I strip and polish the receiver/trigger assy to match the barrel, or leave them black.."

Oh yeah, and I also need to get around to polishing the inside of the receiver and maybe ramping the rear of the bolt.

At least I'm happy with how I've got the trigger set up!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just want to be able to sight in my new scope at 100 yards, but the weather has been shitty half the time, and I've been sick the other half.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Build a rifle for my wife. I thought she would want a pink stock heavy barrel but she said it wasn't "militant" enough. She wants all black and tactical. However, she still wants to wear her pink headphones, lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The trigger is really all that needs to be done. But I have changed other things as well.

Do you mean that the hammer doesn't need to be replaced, mainly just the trigger sear(s) that need work? I've heard the VQ hammer makes a pretty big improvement. At $40 however, I wonder if it would be better to save up and go for the Kidd "trigger job" kit? Al I want is to take a few pounds off the trigger. I'm not a target shooter or a great shooter by any means, so I'm sure any aftermarket part would feel great to me. :)

Bolt buffer was just something I wanted to try. Not necessary, but I really like it. Makes a big difference. Don't have the tools to mod the stock bolt release, so I bought the Kidd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts