Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and as of yesterday I am a new Red Label Owner.

I bought a brand new in box from dealer Red Label 12ga 28".It was the last of old inventory they had and and the serial # is 412-XXXXX. It was unopened and never sold to another customer.

I assembled it according to the manual. Everything fit together smooth. When I open the action there is a loud "CRACK". When I attempted to dry fire, there was only 1 sound of a hammer strike and the second shot never worked.

I took it to the range today with Remington STS 2 3/4" shells. I loaded both barrels, selected "TOP" barrel to fire first. I pulled the trigger and I shot fired. I pulled the trigger again, nothing happened. I opened the action and the TOP shell came flying out.... but it was undamaged. I pulled the bottom shell out and it was the one that had been fired.....

I reloaded with 2 new shells and selected "BOTTOM" barrel to fire first. I pulled the trigger once, and I heard a hammer strike but neither barrel fired. I pulled the trigger again, no hammer strike heard and nothing fired.

I got some Winchester AA shells from my buddy and reloaded both barrels. Same situation happened.

What gives.....?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have two red labels and haven't experienced any thing like that.
I would say if you've cleaned the gun and it still malfunctions I'd be giving
Ruger a call

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruger sent me an overnight shipping label and I sent it in today. I'll update when it is returned....

·
Registered
7 Posts
ruger service is the best

Brian,

Ruger will do anything to accommodate you. I had a 2014 RL that I sent back 3 times for various issues. They handled the situation to my satisfaction.
They back their products 100%. If the problem is due to a manufacturing issue
you have nothing to be concerned with.

Cascade Joe:)

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Sounds like the gun is not resetting between the top and bottom barrel and yes ruger will fix it. That is why I still like double trigger shotguns. That is why I like two triggers on double guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts