Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's try this again. We hunt. Not as much as I would like to but we try to get out in the field whenever the opportunity presents itself. Now that we're turning the corner into fall we hope to get a few chances - dove, hogs and deer are the best opportunities we'll have here. I don't have any pictures from a 2015 hunt to share but I'll post up a few others to prime the pump so to speak.

My son's first hog taken with his own Savage in .243. This was a few years ago.

My son's first deer. Man he was on cloud nine! This was his second year to go deer hunting and he dropped this doe from an unsupported standing shot at 50 yards.

Another hog hunt from a couple of years ago. The hog on the left was my son's and the one on the right was mine.

My Dad took this nice doe last fall.

I love just being out in the field. If we don't see anything it's still a great time. I don't measure the success of hunting by the number of kills, the size of the animal or the shot to kill ratio. If I'm out there with my family and friends enjoying the creation and it's creatures - that's success right there.

It's hunting season - post your photos here! Let's see your game, your gear, your blind, duck boat, hunting dog, hunting camp, hunting buddies, etc.

Good luck out there and stay safe!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Great pictures Wave. Here is one of me from Saturday. Dove Hunt opening day. It was a complete bust, not a lot of birds flying but we enjoyed ourselves.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pictures Wave. Here is one of me from Saturday. Dove Hunt opening day. It was a complete bust, not a lot of birds flying but we enjoyed ourselves.

Nice! Just being out there is a great time. We're trying to line up a few dove hunts this fall down here.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great pics. Wave.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
North Dakota Doves

Limit from yesterday 9/16:) Yours truly on the right:p For you southern boys, we're sending record numbers your way:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is the only picture I have but this is my first bow kill. Shot her Thursday evening at 15 yards. She ran about 40 yards and went down. My friend shot the one in the background and was his first bow kill also.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
pheasants

North Dakota pheasant limit from today 11/2/15:) Yours truly on the left:eek:

·
Super Moderator
21,681 Posts
I apologize for not taking a more respectful picture but was limited because my shoulder could not take moving him around. Had help getting him out of the woods and into my truck and from there I put him up on the hoist to hang overnight. What you can't see is I hooked up my John Deere mower to the hoist and used that to lift him. Reloaded in the morning and took him to the butcher. The butcher and his son took it out of my truck and into the cooler. He estimated 175-180# which is more than the 165# I guessed.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Successful 2015 CHAMP (handicap/disabled) deer hunt near Chino Valley, AZ.
10 minutes of legal light left, we are done for the day and my wife spots it amongst a group of does. I used a 1955 Rem. 721 in .270 loaded with my own handloads using Sierra 130 gr. Spire Points that were my dad's from 1976.
It had been 25 yrs since I had filled a deer tag. Wife and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yesterday afternoon

Nose on ground, running and grunting. Ruger 77 red pad tang safety .270 made him go a little faster for 50 yds. Trigiicon scope. 150 gr.SST handloads, About 70 yard shot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The Wisconsin deer rifle opener. 11/21/15

Early yesterday afternoon while walking/inspecting a fence line for one of my horse pastures I caught sight of just the very tips of antlers sticking up though the 5-6 feet tall switchgrass. Following a bit of zigging and zagging I got off a few shots at the fleeing animal.

After a very careful tracking job I caught up with this nice 8 pointer and closed the deal.....all within eyesight of my house! (I'm a lucky guy)

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Elk Hunt

I know it's early, but did a little Christmas tree decorating in Northern NM P1030518.JPG

1 - 20 of 31 Posts