Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about what No.1 rifles might be offered for next year. My understanding is that Lipsey's will be doing them again and I'm guessing that, like this year, there will be one of each variant. So here's what I'd like to see:

1A Light Sporter - .44 Magnum, the pistol-caliber No.1.
1V Varminter - .22 Hornet, the classic varmint cartridge.
1RSI International - 8mm Mauser, in keeping with the European flavor of the RSI.
1B Standard - .270 Winchester, to take advantage of that long barrel.
1S Medium Sporter - .308 Winchester, the logical follow-on to this year's .30-06.
1H Tropical - .400 H&H Magnum, a step up from this year's .375 H&H.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'd LOVE to see a Creedmoor in most any variant other than the V. The S would be my preference.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
460 S&W Mag
Speed Deamon, plus 454 and 45 Colt
I would shoot mine every week, sell other rifles cause I would never fire them any more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd buy a 1S in 8x57, (I'd prefer that to the RSI)

I'd like to see a 1A marked .275 Rigby

I'd like to see a K1A in some caliber, 6.5x55 or 7x57 (or maybe something else, preferably somewhat more exotic than .270/.30-06/.308).

I'd like to see a 1H in something big like .450 NE or .470 NE.

can't afford them all in the same year though. but if I can only afford 1 per year, I hope they keep making them every year....

Poole

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had a 1H in .416 Rigby. Loved the heft and feel of that rifle, but the .416 and the heavy recoil got me worried after years of owning it of getting a detached retina, I have known a few who suffered that, not pleasant. So it moved on..... but I would love a .45-70 in a 1H configuration. I know they did a limited run of 20 or so YEARS ago, sure wish they would again.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a 1H in .416 Rigby. Loved the heft and feel of that rifle, but the .416 and the heavy recoil got me worried after years of owning it of getting a detached retina, I have known a few who suffered that, not pleasant. So it moved on..... but I would love a .45-70 in a 1H configuration. I know they did a limited run of 20 or so YEARS ago, sure wish they would again.....
The trick is to get either a padded vest or a Limb-Saver. They really work. I've had a couple of 1H's, currently the owner of a .458 Lott. One sweet cannon! (I too would love to have one in a 470 NE or 500 NE).

·
Registered
193 Posts
250 Savage.....

250 Savage in a #1B. I'll be enjoying my #1A in 250 until then : )

...or, how about a few pistol straight wall chamberings for those states with the rifle limitations?? The 475 Linebaugh was made for a short run, what else would you guys that hunt in those states like?

·
Registered
190 Posts
1-A 22 Hornet

I'd like a 1-A in 22 Hornet with a Red Pad and figured wood. For the 1-S I'd like to see a 6BR, also with figured wood and the iconic red butt pad. Probably just too much to ask for, but since this is a wish list, I can't help myself. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts