Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger does not show one that I can find but many people say they are available. Exactly what I want.

Is such a configuration available ? If so anyone know the model number ?

Geatly appreciate an answer.

Roland

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
22/45 4" available with removable grips ?

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but the 10150 has a 4.5" barrel, and removable grip panels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, might be close enough! still prefer a non-threaded barrel but this is a possibility

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got an email from Ruger, no they do not make a 4" Target model with removable
grips.They probably would not sell enough to warrant production, understandable . So it is a 5.5" or 4" with sleeve.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If that combo is a must, just buy the current version and have the grip frame milled for removeable grips. There is at least one gunsmith that specializes in this but I'm sure any competent gunsmith can do it. Some folks do this themselves but that's beyond my skill set.

As an alternative, buy a 4" and a model with removeable grips. Swap uppers and lowers, then sell the one you don't want.

Have you tried an original 22/45 grip frame? It might meet your needs and it came in a 4" as well. You just have to look around a little to find one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Highstandardguy, thanks for suggestions. I grew up when High Standards were popular and did they ever make nice pistols. Wish they were still around. In the end the 4" fixed grip 22/45 will be fine. I was just looking for a project gun and liked the idea of maximum flexibility. Had not thought of having it milled out My m,ain desire is trigger improvement and they works either way, at my age probably need an electronic sight. I still work full time and wanted a diversion even though I love my work. Ruger seems to have more aftermarket stuff.

I thought it would be fun to assemble just what I wanted. I had not thought about the top end swap, a possibility.

Many thanks .

Roland

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Webalance, that is looking like a good solution. Many thanks for the suggestion. right in front of me but missed it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My local machinist charges me $67 to cut down a barrel. The last one was a 5.5 I had shortened to 3.5. He taps and moves the front sight included.

I don't know if you can find a local guy to do the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Webalance. Took awhile but got a 10150. cannot tell from new, wood grips and perfect for my needs. Thanks.

Roland

1 - 10 of 10 Posts