Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I never change a thing with my stock Mark IV bull barrel 22/45 I'll be fine. The quality and accuracy for the money are GREAT in my opinion. But I was hoping that Ruger would have either a wood or plastic wood lookalike grip option for the 22/45. Heck, if the stock black grip panels had a contrasting red Ruger emblem that would probably appease me.

But all I've found on line are some ill-fitting wood grips. They look great a glance but are retrofitted for the 22/45 frame and just don't fit good enough for me. I really have searched the web but have come up with nothing. Anyone know of wood or wood imitation grip panel for the 22/45?

·
Cat Herder
1,643 Posts
Altamont does wraparounds, but I'm not a huge fan of the bulk it adds. VZ makes G10 grips, I have their SP101 and 1911 grips and while not cheap, they are quality products.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spiff. I agree with you in that I do not need the bulk at all. Just looking for a thin slab panel. In the meantime, I am happy with my stock target plinker...assuming that bolt stop pin doesn't drift out again next shooting session.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Have you looked at any rubber wrap around grips or are just interested in wood or wood look alike? These are made by Hogue and they feel good and do not add
MK IV 3.jpg much bulk to the grip.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I've found a good source for simple wood panels for Mark IV 22/45. Can anyone share any comments regarding LS Grips? I like the idea of American made and what seems like an honest description of a fair priced product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts