Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the last little bit of sighting in done this evening on my newest 22. I am running the stock front sight that I just pulled off and serrated at 40 lpi and replaced but the rear is almost out of elevation. I can actually see daylight through the bottom of the body the moves up and the springs and screw. I would like to find a thinner front sight, which dawson precision makes a fiber optic that is .100 wide. I can get it in something around .500 or taller to file down and eliminate the fiber part instead of just buying a .365 front from one of the other vendors online. My problem is by lowering my front 40/1000 I can drop my rear that much which would only be a few clicks. Are all the replacement blades the same height for the gp100, black hawk, or anything that takes that style of movable blade. If I can find the tallest blade to replace in the sight and then trim down the front height below the .405 ish the factory is I can gain some travel back on the sight and it not look like it is about to explode. If ruger doesn't make different height blades does anybody else?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts