Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with my 22/45 LITE, did a few common upgrades like Williams Fire Sights, a Mildot Red Dot, and finally just did the mag safety disconnect removal. Bought the bushing from Midway and did the R&R.

BEST thing that I done was the cheapest! The removal of the magazine safety brought this gun to the forefront of one of my top favorites!

This little $6 change to the 22/45 LITE made this gun so much easier to tear down, load, clean and shoot. The mags SPIT out soon as you push the mag release. The whole gun just seems SMOOTHER in every way to me. The mags insert and remove easier, the bolt seems free-er too. Maybe it's just me, but I am extremely happy with this gun now. So slick.....love it. Shooting range performance was outstanding.

DR

·
Registered
10 Posts
I totally agree. I've ground my magazine safety disconect down and its better in every way. Now I just gotta get the wife let me fix hers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No need.....my mag already shoots out like it's on a spring.

DR

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Thats not what the SlingShot mod does. It eliminates the need to pull back the bolt with one hand, and at the same time, push down the bolt release with the other hand. You DONT want to close the bolt by just thumbing down the bolt release. The correct way is to "SlingShot" the bolt, that means grasping the ears on the bolt, and pulling back and releasing it... IE, SlingShotting" the bolt. On the Mark series pistols, the bolt release is spring loaded downward, so all you have to do is pull back on the bolt, and the release lever drops automatically. The 22/45 isnt spring loaded downward, in fact has a ball detent and a spring to keep it in the upper position, requiring you to push it down. That is irritating, especially if you are used to virtually every other pistol made, that has a downloaded spring to drop the bolt release.

http://guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm#ssmod

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
25 Posts
Magazine removal Modification

Is there a link for the modification to the magazine removal for easier insert and ejection?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Salty,

Go to youtube and type in "ruger 22/45" and there are several to watch, each one a little different. I watched them all and picked up nice tips on each before I did mine.

DR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts