Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in love with Ruger revolvers and currently have a 22/45 that I like but, its just ok.

I'm thinking of trading for a LCR in 22lr but, wanted to ask the overall question of is the trigger really that bad. That seems to be all I ever hear is how bad the trigger is and people say the same of sp's and gp's. I have a gp100 and sp101 and love the stock triggers so is it just people wanting a semi auto feeling pull or is it that horrible?

I've been trying to find one at a lgs but, no luck so I can't try one myself so why not ask the Rugerholics.

Thanks, J

·
Registered
177 Posts
IMHO, the LCR trigger is about as good as you can get for a dedicated double action only revolver but it should not be compared to anything other than DAO revolvers.

It is very hard to find truly unbiased, apples/apples comparisons these days.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a LCR in .38 that I have had for a couple of years. I bought it because I liked the trigger so much. If the trigger is the same on the .22 version you should have no problems with it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Me personally, I'd keep the 22/45.
I have two, both great shooters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have both the 22/45 and the LCR in .22 and .357! The trigger pull on the .22 is heavier because rimfires need a heavier strike to fire. You should have both guns, you'll enjoy them!

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I have both the LCR-357 and 22. Both are very smooth and even until just before let-off. After some break-in, I'd say the 22 is a couple of pounds heavier pull than the 357. Many reviews give the pulls as 10 lb for the 357 and 12 for the 22, so I'm right there.

The LCR-22's DA pull feels better than the three SP-101 .22s I've tried.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like I may just have to have both. Thanks for getting me in trouble with the wife guys!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recently bought both. You won't be sorry. The trigger on the LCR is a little heavy but it's something I plan on carrying when fishing hiking etc. for snakes and such not target use. Go for it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts