Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my LCI and replaced it with a Tandemkros filler, hoping to get fewer FTF, we'll see this week. I couldn't get the gun back together and was going to send it back to Ruger when I researched this forum and learned to knock the hammer back in place by rapping the muzzle on a board-problem solved! Goes to show what a great forum we have, thanks guys! Maybe now it will shoot Golden Bullets, I like these in my other guns

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Sounds like you don't have a lot of time and rounds through your gun. A little advice if you are going to use Rem Goldens, spray a little lube on them before you load them in your magazines. They are usually very dry from the factory and have been known to cause FTF's and FTE's. I use a little rem dry lube spray and they run like a sewing machine in my 22/45.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I use.....

and am still to have my first problem in an unmodified 22/45.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yup CCI Standard Velocity 40g and Winchester M-22 40g work best in mine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I removed the magazine safety from mine but other than that it is bone stock. I have a few issues the first few mags of ammo. After a few hundred rounds, I shoots everything, including Thunderbolt and Golden Bullets. I've had 5 new semi-automatics over the years from 22 to 9mm from many different brands from Hi-Point/Taurus/Phoenix to S&W and Ruger. They have all had minor issues when new but after a couple of hundred rounds, they all became issue free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts