Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22/45, i did the Tandem Kross bushing then took it shooting. 300 rounds and not a problem.
Then i installed the TK filler plate for the loaded chamber indicator (LCI). Finally got it to the range and now it jams when i pull back the slide and jack in the first round! This happened at least ten times-i release the bolt (manually, holding down the bolt release or just pulling back and releasing the bolt). The first round of every mag refuses to chamber and just gets stuck. I wouldn't call it a stove pipe because the round doesn't tilt or get smashed by the bolt-it just jams, in a straight position and holds the bolt open.

All i had to do to fix that was remove the mag and shake out the round. Reinsert the mag, rack the bolt and it feeds again like nothing is wrong! The gun did this regardless of how many shells were in the mag-i tried loading 9 and then 8, nope, still jammed the first round.
Other then the first round refusing to chamber, the gun shot fine-NO JAM once the first round in the mag was chambered, again, it did not matter how many bullets were in the mag, it shot fine....

I suspected the "what changed" idea and that maybe removing the LCI SOMEHOW messed something up? I noticed the bolt on the filler plate was tight, BUT even so, the plate can wiggle forward and back a little bit...could that have caused the jams?

I removed the filler plate, but i have not had a chance to shoot it again...does anyone have ideas? Should i just leave the slot open and use the gun that way? Or should i just reinstall the LCI?

Could the problem be something else? (i have 5 magazines and all of them were jamming the first round chambered....) Can someone help me figure this out?

·
Official Site Vendor
1,023 Posts
I have a 22/45, i did the Tandem Kross bushing then took it shooting. 300 rounds and not a problem.
Then i installed the TK filler plate for the loaded chamber indicator (LCI). Finally got it to the range and now it jams when i pull back the slide and jack in the first round! This happened at least ten times-i release the bolt (manually, holding down the bolt release or just pulling back and releasing the bolt). The first round of every mag refuses to chamber and just gets stuck. I wouldn't call it a stove pipe because the round doesn't tilt or get smashed by the bolt-it just jams, in a straight position and holds the bolt open.

All i had to do to fix that was remove the mag and shake out the round. Reinsert the mag, rack the bolt and it feeds again like nothing is wrong! The gun did this regardless of how many shells were in the mag-i tried loading 9 and then 8, nope, still jammed the first round.
Other then the first round refusing to chamber, the gun shot fine-NO JAM once the first round in the mag was chambered, again, it did not matter how many bullets were in the mag, it shot fine....

I suspected the "what changed" idea and that maybe removing the LCI SOMEHOW messed something up? I noticed the bolt on the filler plate was tight, BUT even so, the plate can wiggle forward and back a little bit...could that have caused the jams?

I removed the filler plate, but i have not had a chance to shoot it again...does anyone have ideas? Should i just leave the slot open and use the gun that way? Or should i just reinstall the LCI?

Could the problem be something else? (i have 5 magazines and all of them were jamming the first round chambered....) Can someone help me figure this out?
Hey marc780,

Sorry you are having problems. I bet this can be frustrating!

Since it is just the first round, the first thing that I would check is to make sure that the first round's nose is pointed "up" in the magazine. The bullet nose should not be parallel with the mag but should lift up a bit after you load the magazine in order to feed properly.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem. We appreciate your business and are here for any questions that you have.

I also want to point out that TANDEMKROSS offers over the phone and skype support for our customers. If you would like to call and have one of our technicians help diagnose the issue we would be glad to help you out.

Best,

- Bob
T A N D E M K R O S S

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind reply, Bob. All i know is it functioned flawlessb WITH the LCI and jammed without it. The only solution i could see was leave the slot open, or jb weld in the plate. I realize hundreds of owners have no problem with the filler plate but mine did...i just want it to work 100% and not spend more money. I reinstalled the LCI, jacked some test rounds through and problem appears solved. I'll only know for sure by the next range visit, i suppose.

Bob i really like TK products and will definitely buy from TK in ther future. I suspect the jams had nothing to do with the product since they make no sense that they happened-i suspect maybe its just a quirk of this particular gun

By the way bob no one else on the forum would even guess what caused these jams, do you have a guess even what could have caused them

·
Official Site Vendor
1,023 Posts
Thanks for the kind reply, Bob. All i know is it functioned flawlessb WITH the LCI and jammed without it. The only solution i could see was leave the slot open, or jb weld in the plate. I realize hundreds of owners have no problem with the filler plate but mine did...i just want it to work 100% and not spend more money. I reinstalled the LCI, jacked some test rounds through and problem appears solved. I'll only know for sure by the next range visit, i suppose.

Bob i really like TK products and will definitely buy from TK in ther future. I suspect the jams had nothing to do with the product since they make no sense that they happened-i suspect maybe its just a quirk of this particular gun

By the way bob no one else on the forum would even guess what caused these jams, do you have a guess even what could have caused them
Marc,

Glad you got it to work. Just make sure that our LCI screw is tight enough so that the actual filler piece doesn't move around.

A common problem with Ruger pistol magazines is what I'm guessing was the hold up, especially since it just happened only on the first round. My bet is that the first round was pointed down instead of up as shown below. Make sure when you insert your magazines that the top round is in the position as shown by the red arrow in the right picture.

Please don't hesitate to contact us here or by email/phone if you still have problems. We want to get this right for you and will do everything we can until you are 100% satisfied.

-Bob
T A N D E M K R O S S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.