Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bottom line, do your builds slow and functional. Sharing a decent range bag that is also functional. The gun in the open bag has the Stark Grip, can't say enough good about it, thicker/a more confident grip. and for me, perfect trigger finger placement, two thumbs up.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Marlin 39a, I own one, unless you came up with that handle off the cuff. Got a old family hand me down, circa late 40's early 50's.

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Nice Bag!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, not a long rifle and not a pistol. Yet backround checks classify it as a pistol. Takes some time to think out of the box to figure how it works on distance. Old folks call it a hand rifle, and that designation is somewhat accurate. I considered a Buckmark or new Ruger Mark Four. but if one can tame this 10/22 in a small frame, you have both worlds.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey Marlin 39a, I own one, unless you came up with that handle off the cuff. Got a old family hand me down, circa late 40's early 50's.
Lifelong collector. And I'm old. I have a first year that I shoot now and them. My favorites are those from the 50's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Lifelong collector. And I'm old. I have a first year that I shoot now and them. My favorites are those from the 50's.
Yep I'm a young old fart at 66 come Monday, nice to know someone older actually appreciates the finer things, other than life's distractions. My 39-A came with the old Weaver 64 scope, my first gun when dad saw it was time as it was his gun. Had an old Italian Gun Smith repair a crack in the stock, a stock with that dot, indicated the type of wood. One of a few guns one wants to pass on carefully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts