Ruger Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I know that there are better rounds for self defense purpose's but I watch Jeff Quinns take on the Ruger LCR .22 magnum. He has tested in the Jell media that the .22 Magnum will penetrate just as far as the .38 Special does about 13 inch's. I was going to buy the Sig P238 .380 had one lined up. But I didn't want to have to start another caliber again! I already had two .22 magnum guns a rifle and a SA revolver. This NIB Ruger LCR .22 Mag for sale by owner popped up suddenly & I bought it. In fact its going in my pocket today! All is good!!!

In my youth on the farm when it came time to butcher hogs, full grown cows we only used a LR 22 in a remington pump. One shot to the head always did the job immediately. If it was the only hand gun I had LR or Magnum .22 would go with me. I think bullet placement for most shooters using a .22 would be better and follow up shots would be quicker. Take it with you and have a good day!

I wouldn't hesitate to carry a 22WMR for defense-especially with some good defense ammo.

Look it up. The .22LR round has killed more people than any other round on the planet. Surprise.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.