Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a few Henry Mare's Leg owners here. I have one and love it.
I suspect that we have quite a few 22 Plinkster fans here. That boy sure can shoot, here is a new video from him with the rim fire Mare's Legs.
There is one point where he states that shooting them with a cheek weld isn't possible because of the short stock. This is true but you can get a good chin weld and it makes shooting them much easier.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=em-subs_digest&v=jnLksfOs9jo

·
Registered
644 Posts
I will never understand why, when 12 more inches of gun you can stay on target.
Because :D

I don't get it either. But a lot of people probly wonder why I still like black powder revolvers and SA revolvers when I could be shooting a Glock and shoot faster.

Because. Like he said in the video. He wanted it, so he bought it. No other reason.

With that being said, I won't be buying a mare's leg. But I love my Henry .22

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah, I've never understood the "why" behind a mare's leg. To me it seems like the worst of both worlds between a rifle & a handgun. :confused:

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a gun that you either like it and want one or you don't. I happen to be on the side of liked it tried it and had to have one. As for staying on target, I have a bunch of them with one ragged hole. If you learn how to shoot it you can ht what you aim at.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really have no use for one but I want one in .357mag to keep my Big Boy .357mag carbine company. I think it would be a fun shooter.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly why I have mine didn't have any specific need for it. But it is a whole lot of fun to shoot. And I know that if I had to put rabbit or squirrel on the table it will get the job done.
I currently have the .22 lr but it really is great for shooting shorts.
If I get another one it will be in WMR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts