Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is this ammo. ive never tried it but im but im buying a new .22 and want to buy bulk ammo and thats the most bulk ill get for a good price(i get 400 Rd.s for $219.99) is this a good price? and is it good ammo? thanks for answering in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i want a shit ton of ammo enough to last me awhile. ill go through that in a day. i just want to know if the ammo is any good

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
$219.99 for 400rnd seems like its high to me even if it was 223 unless it some special varmit round or something.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So dont get the thunderbolts then? i usually get Federal Premium bulk but i want to shoot this new gun alot. but i guess i could buy a few cases of it

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thunderbolts are the only .22lr Ive had problems with in my 10/22. YMMV. Alot of people like the federal, or CCI bulk offerings. Youll also find them for the same price if not less.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not a big fan of thunderbolts. I prefer CCI, Centurion, or Aguila. Remington rimfire ammo has never been that dependable in any .22 I have owned.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If your looking for the really high velocity stuff I tend to favor the Velocitor. I like the idea of the High speed, but still getting the 40gr bullet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Im not looking for velocity. im just looking for dependable accurate ammo. i usually get Federal Bulk and i havent had one problem with them. i might just get that and dump it in an ammo can. thanks for the feed back guys. What about The Remington Golden Bullet How good does it work in Semi Automatics?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I have found the Remington Golden Bullet to be the least dependable of all the inexpensive bulk ammo. Winchester 555 was 2nd worst - my experience anyway.

Federal 550 is my favorite low cost bulk .22 ammo

·
Registered
154 Posts
Never liked the Remington rim fire rounds. Always seem to be inconsistent and very dirty. The most duds have been with is stuff. I tend to do better with the federal rounds both the bulk and lightning. I can get nice groupings with both. Saw some Winchester M22 that looked promising but have not tried yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never liked the Remington rim fire rounds. Always seem to be inconsistent and very dirty. The most duds have been with is stuff. I tend to do better with the federal rounds both the bulk and lightning. I can get nice groupings with both. Saw some Winchester M22 that looked promising but have not tried yet.
Yeah i saw those too. i thought about it and added them to my list.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
My LGS has 500 American Eagle for $14.88. It comes packed in a big box of separate boxes of 50 rounds all in little racks. Never any problem with them.

I have used CCI Blazer bulk and Federal blue box. They both worked well.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I have found the Remington Golden Bullet to be the least dependable of all the inexpensive bulk ammo. Winchester 555 was 2nd worst - my experience anyway.

Federal 550 is my favorite low cost bulk .22 ammo
+1 to what Dave said!

·
Registered
549 Posts
AMMO.NET has Remington HP 22 LR Ammo - 6300 Rounds of 36 Grain HP 22 LR Ammunition for $250.00

·
Registered
38 Posts
My experience with Thunderbolts was not a good one. Several dud rounds per box, and very dirty. If you plan to shoot your new 22 as much as you say you are, you will find yourself spending more time cleaning than shooting. Just my experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im not looking for velocity. im just looking for dependable accurate ammo. i usually get Federal Bulk and i havent had one problem with them. i might just get that and dump it in an ammo can. thanks for the feed back guys. What about The Remington Golden Bullet How good does it work in Semi Automatics?
My Ruger MarkIIIs do not cycle well on this stuff at all, definitely would not reccommend.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Get a small box or two and try it. What's gold in my gun may be crap in yours and vice versa. Also, break it in a little before deciding. When I first got my Mark III, I got several misfeeds on bulk hollow points. After a few hundred rounds went down the barrel, it ate anything I fed it.

Look around for some CCI seconds. I got some of these at a gun show and really like them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts