Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning we clocked up another milestone.
Our 25,000th member.
There have been 713,492 posts to 54,677 threads.
Congratulations to everyone here that has contributed.
You make this a great place to be.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
This morning we clocked up another milestone.
Our 25,000th member.
There have been 713,492 posts to 54,677 threads.
Congratulations to everyone here that has contributed.
You make this a great place to be.
knowing the forum and how to navigate it as well as you do, can you tell exactly who the 25,000th member is, and when he/she joined?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
knowing the forum and how to navigate it as well as you do, can you tell exactly who the 25,000th member is, and when he/she joined?
Mate, one of the mods. would have to answer that.
I was working and when I returned we were at 25,001.
For us, unless you were watching at the time, can't tell, sorry.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
oh well, maybe one of them will see this and let us know. you've been here awhile-- has this summer (up in our part of the world) been an unusually active summer for folks joining, or has this been more or less typical?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am proud to be one of the 25,001 members.

This is a great site. I have learned enormously from the excellent discussions here on Ruger Forum!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has this summer (up in our part of the world) been an unusually active summer for folks joining, or has this been more or less typical?
The bigger this forum gets, the faster it will grow.
Word of mouth has helped, let's face it, this forum is very helpfull and informative.
At the moment we have 91 members and 638 lurkers online.
Some of these will join.
Up to about a week ago, we were averaging up to 200 new members a week.
The rate wasn't that many when I joined about eighteen months ago.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
200 a week?!? dang! you're right-- those kind of numbers are going to create exponential growth over time. pretty impressive.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
congratulations ruger forum! just think....little ol me is one of them. Dixie is well represented also. yeehaw!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
We have grown almost 40% since December 3, 2011.

On December 3, LAGun posted up that the forum had reached the 18,000 member mark. Today I noticed that with the newest member we had 18,667 members.
That is phenomenal growth. It actually equates to 25.65 new members every day over this past month.
That has got to be the sign of a healthy forum. New folk every day, some experienced, some inexperieced but all with a common interest seeking and imparting knowledge and sharing their latest aquisitions.
With this rate of growth I would predict that we should hit our 20,000 member mark somewhere around middle to late February 2012.

What a great forum we have here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts