Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be less wordy than last time, though I am just as excited.

My new P95 continues to perform flawlessly. I put 200 rounds down range (for a total of just over 500 now). I mixed in some JHP, just to make sure that it digested them well.

I shot from 15, 25, and 50 feet only. Mostly from 25. I mixed up slow fire and rapid fire. I shot ten rounds at each target, and use a copy of the same target each time (6 inch target printed on 8.5 x 11 paper).

I have improved since last time. Finding "my" grip really has helped. While it won't blow the socks off of any experienced shooters, I was quite happy with my increased consistency. I mostly did about 4 - 5 inch groups from 25 feet. On one target, I got a 3 inch grouping, but on a few targets, I purposely mixed in a some shots on the edge of the page, so that my head would not get too big. ;)

I only fired three of the magazines from 50 feet. The first one I missed the 8.5x11 paper with 3 shots. The second time I got them all on the paper, but missed the 7 inch target with 2 shots. The last time I got all on 6 in target and got 2 in the one inch ring.

Just like last time, I had more fun than I can express from the first shot, all the way through the cleaning.

p.s. My wife, who spent the first 20 years of our marriage being against guns, gave me the ammo I shot for Valentines day.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
gets more fun each outing!:D

·
Banned
723 Posts
Nice report.

Now start moving those targets back. I shoot at 25 Yards each time I go to the Indoor Range and 50 Yards when I shoot outside. Control your breathing and really focus on the sight picture. If you can shoot accurately at a distance you can do it even better close up.

Congrats on the new gun and there is nothing wrong with a "wordy" report. :)

Biker

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Sounds like a fine time. That is what shooting is all about, having fun (while of course being careful!)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks for the report, It sounds like it's working out for you VERY well. Glad your wife is getting into the spirit of things!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel your pain about your wife! Mine was pretty anti-gun as well. After begging and pleading to go to the range by myself, she told me that SHE wanted to go with!!!! She'd never shot a pistol before so we rented a 9mm for her. She wound up having a great time and even said we should do it again.

She'll give in eventually, just give her some time. Make sure to let her know how much fun you're having and she'll want to be included (if not, I guess I'll owe you a Coke!)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Glad your having fun. Sounds like you are improving and will only get better with more practice.
As for your wife, you need to get her out to the range and let her shoot. A
.22 rifle is a good start and make sure you give her good instuctions. Or if you know someone else who could instruct her that would be better. Spouses teaching spouses is not alays the best.
But it sounds like she is coming around. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts