Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love both of these pieces, a lot. I use a Triple K belt holster that I bought from shopruger for the GP which fits it fine. I use a Diamond D Custom Leather pancake holster for the Sig P239. Obviously these are two very different types of holsters. When carrying the GP, I always know I'm carrying it. Its weight is always present. With the pancake holster and the P239, the weight simply melts away. I haven't put the two on a scale to see their actual weight difference, but the Sig is a bit lighter.

I don't use a specific 'gun' belt. But it is extremely thick, strong, 1.75" wide and it works well with either holster. You could likely tow a truck with the belt. The GP holds 6 (357Mag) Speer Gold Dot rounds and the Sig holds 9 (8+1 in 357Sig) Speer Gold Dot rounds.

I drive a lot in a car and I ride a lot on a motorcycle. I'm considering ordering the Diamond D Custom Leather Alaska Hip holster for the GP100. I could simply get their pancake holster for the GP but I like that the Alaska Hip Holster has a positive retention strap that comes over the top of the weapon. That would certainly help me retain the weapon if I were involved in an accident.

What are you using for a holster if you carry a GP100?

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
I prefer either a Bianchi Ranger Model 7 3-slot OWB leather holster or a Desantis 2-slot leather holster for my 3" GP100...in the winter, I prefer to carry cross-draw as I tend to wear a vest or something and with it zipped only part way up, I can access the GP fairly easily, especially in a vehicle, where my vest/coat is not trapped by a seatbelt against access. Just something I started doing after living in Indianapolis 20+ years ago!
I do like .357SIG as a caliber and I have a few .40 Glock pistols that have .357SIG barrels for them...very comfortable in CCing that caliber as well!

Reactions: TNMark
1 - 3 of 3 Posts