Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3" GP100 where to carry it concealed?

19K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  aimtrue 
#1 ·
I have tried and failed to carry my 3” GP100 without it printing in a jeans pants pocket with a T-shirt hanging over the pocket, in an inside jacket pocket and on my hip under a suit coat.

Where and how do you carry your 3” GP100 concealed without it printing?

#3 ·
When I carried regularly in my store I used an iwb holster from Galco or Kraemer and used it to carry a para p14-45 steel frame for 12 hours a day. I always wore pants cut much looser than normal and they were 2 inches larger at the waist and only purchased pants that would take a 13/4inch wide belt for holster stability.

#4 ·
Most of it depend's on your overall build but I've found strong side IWB carry work's best for me. The GP100 is far to large for any type of pocket carry, for that you need to think about an LCP or LCR. Whatever waist carry holster you go with, IWB, OWB, strong side or cross draw needs a good, heavey gun belt matched with the holster.

#5 ·
I've got a 30" waist and carry a 3" S&W 686. It's a big hunk of metal to cart around. I've got a Bianchi OWB that I wear at about 4 o'clock, and love it. I'm usually wearing a biker jacket or other coat, and it doesn't print too bad. I've found a three inch revolver isn't easy to carry if you desire Zero printing, unless you dress like an escapee from The Breakfast Club.

Personally I just strap mine on and throw my jacket over it; if someone sees it "print", that's what my permit is for. I lug around a S&W 66 for work, so maybe I'm not as paranoid about printing as I should be.

#6 ·
I would think for that weight and size a revolver, it'll have to be on your belt. A good hybrid holster like crossbreed or whitehat, or a leather OWB if you can wear a cover garment.

Like others have said, for pocket carry there are better choice. I can carry the LCP in any pants, LCR in pretty much anything but jeans, and even carry my XDS in some pants pockets, but prefer IWB for the XDS.

With my XDS, I've found if my cover garment is long enough, IWB or OWB doesn't make much difference if you have a good belt and holster.

#7 ·
Don't think a pants pocket is a good idea for that gun, use a good IWB holster, I carry my SP101 3" barrel in a Don Hume IWB holster covered with just a t-shirt.

#8 ·
Look at crossbreed supertuck IWB holsters. They will distribute the weight evenly over a wide area of the belt. You will also need a good belt designed for concealed carry.

I don't know what grips you have on the GP but the 3" is compatable with the Lett style grips of the SP101. They will give a smaller profile for carry.

#13 ·
My thanks to each of you who responded. I appreciate you doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.