Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
My avatar is my 3 “ with compact old style grips.
You CAN replace the front sight, but it takes a bit of drilling, you need to find a sight that will fit, etc.
It’s not easy like the 4+ inch which is pretty much plug and play.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
"Has anyone replaced the front sight with a gold bead is it possible "

The models with the pinned in front sight can be replaced. Gemini Custom offers or did offer a gold bead sight for these models. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a gold bead front sight for them. I had one made for a Speed Six I used to have by 10-Ring. For certain models with a dovetail sight e.g. .44 Specials I believe Novak offers some replacements. For models with a front plunger type interchangeable front sight Bowen offers sight blanks that can be made into gold bead sight and Ruger offers or used to offer a brass bead front sight.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Has anyone replaced the front sight with a gold bead is it possible "

The models with the pinned in front sight can be replaced. Gemini Custom offers or did offer a gold bead sight for these models. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a gold bead front sight for them. I had one made for a Speed Six I used to have by 10-Ring. For certain models with a dovetail sight e.g. .44 Specials I believe Novak offers some replacements. For models with a front plunger type interchangeable front sight Bowen offers sight blanks that can be made into gold bead sight and Ruger offers or used to offer a brass bead front sight.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post i have a 3 inch fixed sight half lug on the way just wondering what my options are

1 - 20 of 27 Posts