Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front sight issue on my 3" LCRx .357 The front sight pin is not centered on the barrel housing. I had removed the front sight to replace it with a Hi Viz sight. Upon closer inspection I also noticed that the crown had some damage to it.

I returned gun to Ruger mid-November for repair with a detailed description of the issues. Ruger returned it to me yesterday with a new barrel insert but nothing done to correct the sight. I don't know whether it was just oversight on their part or it's within their tolerance. The packing slip stated that they "Replaced barrel, front sight and front sight pin" After receiving it back I contacted CS via Ruger email and they immediately sent a shipping label. Problem is, it doesn't work out with my time constraints, as I'm going out of town for an extended period.

Now I'm contemplating fixing this myself. I have an idea of what or how I would go about it but, would like to hear from others as to what their approach would be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'ma sorry... I forgot all about this. I sent it back to Ruger..and as I mentioned above they installed a new barrel to absolve the crown issue. The sight tab is on the barrel shroud, nothing that I can see, was done with it. BUT I had to move the rear sight back over towards center to zero it in, so they had to do something with it. I've put around 300 rounds thru it since its return. It's shooting dead on every shot now. Very pleased with the repair.

Ruger CS comes thru once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts