Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Exchequer
4,484 Posts
Wow! For $700 I can probably track down a very nice Speed Six.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the LCR line, but that's strikes me as kinda steep for MSRP.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Thats quite a elevated price yeah given 21 ounces but hey I think I will wait and find the heavier SP101 3 inch at 27 ounces!!! That price to me is too high for a 3 inch LCRX!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The MSRP on the 1.87" LCR in 327 is also $669. My LGS owner said his cost was $470 and he gave it to me for $500 + cost of background. I am not sure the numbers are the same, but I hope that helps.

Tinker

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! For $700 I can probably track down a very nice Speed Six.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the LCR line, but that's strikes me as kinda steep for MSRP.
The FFL that I use can often provide Ruger firearms to me at around 20-25% below MSRP. That would make for a price of around $525 for me.

In 1985, I liked the Speed Six. Things have changed since then. I believe that the GP100, SP101, and LCR revolvers are superior to the Six series revolvers.
I don't find a .357 Speed Six to be comparable to a .357 LCRx, either.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats quite a elevated price yeah given 21 ounces but hey I think I will wait and find the heavier SP101 3 inch at 27 ounces!!! That price to me is too high for a 3 inch LCRX!!!
The MSRP of the 3" SP101 is $719.00

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MSRP is fiction. See what the actual going price is.
The MSRP is not "fiction". Some gun dealers do list their Ruger firearms at MSRP. Ruger's MSRP is not close to the wholesale price of their guns. It gives distributors, dealers, and FFL holders a wide margin for pricing.

MSRP "IS" a useful tool for comparing prices within the Ruger firearms lines. That's why I mentioned it.

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
Not right now for me.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Price aside, what took Ruger so long?

LCRx line has been around for a long time now and lots of people have been asking for a .357 mag version since the LCRx was first introduced.

Many of us have moved on to something else by now.

·
Registered
18 Posts

LCRx line has been around for a long time now and lots of people have been asking for a .357 mag version since the LCRx was first introduced.

Well to be fair to Ruger, the LCRx in 357 has been out for a while. This is the new 3" model as opposed to the previously released 1.87" model.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Moved on to a 3" S&W Model 60 .357?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh boy, my wrist is already crying

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I'm definetly saving my pennies for one of these. 21 ounces was what some were guessing.. I was thinking around 19 oz. A 3" with adjustable sites... I'm all in. Thank you Ruger!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm definetly saving my pennies for one of these. 21 ounces was what some were guessing.. I was thinking around 19 oz. A 3" with adjustable sites... I'm all in. Thank you Ruger!!
5 1/2 oz more than the 3" .38 Spl LCRx. The extra weight, plus the longer barrel and better grip, compared with the 1.87" .357 LCRx, should provide for better 'shootability'.

I think (or have thought for a while), that this new LCRx is a perfect outdoors "kit" gun. You can choose to shoot .38 Spl wadcutters, +P hollow points, 110 gr JHP .357s, or 158 gr .357s in it. It's about a third of a pound lighter than the 3" SP101, and a bit shorter.

Hopefully, it will become Calif "approved" in the next several months. I'm hoping to save enough extra money to get one before next summer...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Are you all saying 21 ounces is too light or too heavy for a 357 mag?
A bit of both. Heavier than I'd prefer for an LCR on my belt and not quite heavy enough to soak up 357 magnum recoil.

But I'm not really a 357 Mag guy and prefer my 38 SPL LCR/LCRx and 44 SPL Rossi in a shoulder holster for winter months.

Thinking about it more the 21 oz really isn't too little or too much but the 357 Mag caliber has never been my SD choice.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts