Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
SP101, 2.25", Hogue Grips, Hi-Viz sight, .357 Win 110gr. SJHP
4" groups at 7yrds, 6" groups at 15 yrds. One dead Zombie Bob
I personally like the 110 over 125, the slightly reduced recoil makes a huge difference.
If you are thinking about Hi-Viz, they are NOT "night sights"
With decent ambient (indoor) lighting these sights are great, in low / poor light, it's like having the old original black ramp.

LCR, .38+P Rem 125gr SJHP
6" groups at 7 yards, hit Zombie Chuck's center of mass at 15 yards and that's all I'm saying
Wish there was a slightly larger aftermarket grip so I could get my pinkie involved.
With the smaller grip, can someone recommend a slightly lower powered SD round?
Also considering XS Big Dot sites.

P95PR, Fed 115gr FMJ
4" groups at 15 yards, say goodnight Zombie.
Great factory sites, still getting used to the feel of an auto, meaning the recoil / slide action. I have had it 2 months and only run 250 rounds through it.
Super fun to shoot!

The other advice I need, when I start shooting, I am slightly low and right. What am I doing wrong???

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I first started shooting I had problems with being low and to the left. Left because I did not have equal pressure from my support hand. Low because I was moving my hand down and jerking the trigger back instead of squeezing it.

·
Super Moderator
21,859 Posts
Try dry firing without a round in the chamber and see if you are flinching until you get used to the feel of the recoil each time. If that doesn't help then have a friend load up with one chamber with a spent round and see your reaction when it goes click.

My guess would be flinch so try hard to be smooth with your trigger squeeze. It's like a baseball pitcher that needs to warm up before entering the game we need to get our head into it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for pointers guys!
Follow-up question for Tater:
Hope this isn't a stupid question - does the shot placement on the target a result of the action of your hand? i.e. low and right = tightening grip while pulling trigger?
AND is it accurate for left-handed shooters or reversed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts