Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I called the number (as did a few others on the forum) that was floating around for a lifetime membership in NRA. I have been a yearly member so this was an upgrade for me. The lady said I would probably keep the same membership number.

I hadn't heard anything from NRA so I thought I would check their on line site.

Anyway, I created and logged into the NRA members site today and it shows me as an Annual member with dues paid through 2033. That is 20 years.
Granted at my age of 65 that probably is a life membership.

Has anyone else who took advantage of this offer heard anything? From NRA or anyone else?

Am I a life member, can I get life member decals, hats, etc??

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,305 Posts
I upgraded my life membership to an endowment membership a few weeks ago. I have not heard from them yet. At the same time, I bought my wife a life memebership. She was not a member before. She received a large envelope with membership card and other items last week. They are overwhelmed, so I guess they are taking care of all of the new memberships first. The representative I talked to said they are gaining over 8,000 new members a day.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I signed up for a Life Membership several years ago. I waited til I turned 65 as the price was much better. Seems it was either $300 or $500. I was curious how I was listed after your post. It says "Life Distinguished - (Senior,Veteran)"

Sounds like you got a good deal, but may be able to convert it to a life membership. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
I became a life member in the 90's just before the previous gun purge by Slick Willie.

·
Registered
673 Posts
WvDave,

When I called, the NRA call center rep didn't ask for my existing NRA membership number. I asked her if she needed it, and she declined it. I asked her if she was absolutely sure, and she said yes.

That call was about two and a half weeks ago. The $300 life membership fee posted to my account two days ago. I still have not received the life member packet or an updated membership card.

I chalk it up to the tidal wave of new & renewing NRA members.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Three hundred dollars got me life membership of our Shooter's & Fisher's Party (SFP).
I noticed mine was for twenty years also.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I got the Mrs a lifetime for 300 a few weeks ago. Had to wait on hold for 30 minutes, which made me glad they were that busy.
I just checked online and it shows LIFE membership, nothing about 20 years.
Nothing has arrived in the mail yet. I did notice they had incorrectly entered her email, they allow you to fix it yourself online

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WvDave,

When I called, the NRA call center rep didn't ask for my existing NRA membership number. I asked her if she needed it, and she declined it. I asked her if she was absolutely sure, and she said yes.

That call was about two and a half weeks ago. The $300 life membership fee posted to my account two days ago. I still have not received the life member packet or an updated membership card.

I chalk it up to the tidal wave of new & renewing NRA members.
My $300 fee just posted not long ago too. I guess what has me wondering is the fact that the members site shows me as an annual member but the expiration date is 2033.
She didn't ask for or get my membership number either. I just asked her if it would change.
I guess I will just wait and see. I am sure they do have a big backlog.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It will show the expiration date of 2033 for some time due to the backlog. Same thing happened to my wife and me about a year ago. Be patient if you can, it will change and show you are a Life Member.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts