Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted last. Finally got a chance for some more range time with the new rifle in recent weeks.

Still getting meh accuracy, but also getting a significant amount of failure to throw the shells clear. Sometimes 2 or 3 rounds out of a 5 round mag. Not ammo specific--happens with various brands and both 7.62 and .308. I'm not babying the bolt throw at all. Using polymer mags, if that is relevant.

Is this a known issue? Any insights? Can Ruger fix? Is it me?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, send it back in. The ejector can get wedged in the channel. I had to send one of my 77s in. One of my GSRs had a burr in the chamber. Let them fix it. I got a new bolt from them too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll likely take this rifle on a few more outings until the range closes for the winter. If this issue persists until then, I'll know it's a real thing and contact Ruger service.

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's a controlled round feed action. How would failure to eject after firing be mag related? If it was a feeding problem I could understand that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to be super clear, I'm talking about ejection, not extraction. I'll throw the bolt back smartly, but the case is just left laying loosely in the port. Yet, the next round, the case may be thrown two benches over.

Used more than one mag.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's a controlled round feed action. How would failure to eject after firing be mag related? If it was a feeding problem I could understand that.
There are some magazines AI type that the ejector catches on the rear of the magazine feed lip. ALPHA type 1 if I recall. It sounds like the ejector is not popping up in the slot all the time. Could be a bur on the ejector or it is bent. If you don't feel comfortable taking it apart send it back for service.

The ejector does come out with out much trouble. I have found a paperclip bent straight works best to push out the pin, don't let the little spring go flying. ;)

Its a easy slip fit to reassemble. The ejector should be flat and no burs a fine file or fine sand paper will cure a bur.

Before you take it apart make sure there is not any stuff in the slot in the bolt face if it has dried grease or gunk it could keep the ejector from coming up as the bolt is moving back.

Good luck let us know how it turns out.

Best regards,

Roadie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts