Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm strongly considering purchasing this rifle and would like to get some feedback on it. in addition, if this isn't the best i can get for this price range, what else is out there? Also, i was looking at the butt stock on the savage and i don't like the look of it. I will be getting a bipod and i would like to get a butt stock with a handle for the other hand. Any suggestions on that?

·
Registered
414 Posts
What I am sure that I wouldnt like about the gun is the aluminum stock. That thing has to be uncomfortable in the summer time and colder than crap in the winter time to make a cheek weld on it waiting for the shot.

Personally, I would start out with a decent Remington 700 and build the gun myself. But thats just me. But then again my gun doesnt look quiet as tactical as the 10BA but I bet it shoots just about as good and I have less than 1600 invested including the scope, in the gun I bet. It shoots .75 inch range groups with 147 gr FMJ run of the mill ball ammo and hovers around just barely above 1/2 inch with match grade ammo all day long.

This aint the only bolt action I have built up either. I also have a 8mm Surplus mauser that was customized with a 28 inch barrel and chambered for 224 TTH. It shoots a 80 gr 22 cal bullet at about 3600 fps. With a 200 yard zero its less than 4 inches high at 100 and still with 4 inches of point of aim at 400! Thats flat shooting for sure as some coyotes in the area have discovered.

But then a gun is a bit of a personal thing too. If this is what floats your boat then I say go for it. It just wouldnt rank all that high on my wants list personally speaking for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm strongly considering purchasing this rifle and would like to get some feedback on it. in addition, if this isn't the best i can get for this price range, what else is out there? Also, i was looking at the butt stock on the savage and i don't like the look of it. I will be getting a bipod and i would like to get a butt stock with a handle for the other hand. Any suggestions on that?
I am not that familiar with that model Savage but I do own the Hoghunter in .308 and absolutely love it and everyone who has shot it has not wanted to put it down! Very accurate and an all day shooter!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts