Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. As the username suggests I am new to the Mini-14 platform. I have plenty of handguns but this is my first rifle. Recently I was "coerced" into purchasing a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 30mm scope. Of course the scope rings that came with my Mini-14 Ranch are 1" (25.4mm) so the new scope sits on my desk and not my rifle.

Can anyone give me a clue what brand and model of rings I should purchase, and where I should buy them from? Thanks very much for your time.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Ruger has 30mm rings for the Mini-14 and Mini-30. Call them. You might be able to exchange the unused 1" rings for a set of 30mm rings to fit your Strike Eagle.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you bought the (new) rifle recently and the rings are new and flawless Ruger will exchange them for whatever you need. Just call the support number. If you're not familiar with Ruger rings you can go to their website and check out the options.

If you have to buy them the best price I've seen is at Natchez where many are $26 each. https://outdoors.natchezss.com/search?p=KK&srid=S1-5DFWP&lbc=natchezss&ts=custom&pw=ruger scope rings&uid=978475582&isort=score&view=grid&w=30mm Ruger Rings&rk=4

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Randy, a few year back my buddy bought an FTW Hunter and needed 30mm rings He called Ruger, they sent them out, he asked about sending the 1” rings back and Ruger said to keep them. All they asked for was the serial #. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

As you stated though, the second best place to get them, (if you have to pay for them) is Natchez.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
As others have said, Ruger will exchange your 1 inch rings for 30mm.
They will ask your serial number, as they will only do the swap if your Mini comes up as 2 years old or newer.
Be prepared to tell them what height you want in a 30 mm set, as well as blued or stainless.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Randy, a few year back my buddy bought an FTW Hunter and needed 30mm rings He called Ruger, they sent them out, he asked about sending the 1” rings back and Ruger said to keep them. All they asked for was the serial #. Not a bad deal in my opinion.
I think we've touched on this before...
When I bought my new FTW about 16 months ago the woman at Ruger must have been in a bad mood.
She made me send in the 1" rings (on my dime) and wouldn't send the new ones until they'd received (and probably QC'ed) mine). Took about two weeks.

But worth it in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts