Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all does anyone have load data for .32 acp using Alliant Red Dot powder. Thnaks in advance,

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome aboard to the internets greatest forum. What bullet weight are you looking for? I have data for the 71gr. bullet if interested.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My 2005 Alliant reload guide shows 2.1gr. Red dot as being max. charge with 71gr. fmj bullet. OAL is listed at .984" minimum. Small pistol primer used (Remington). My Lyman manual shows 2.5gr. as max. powder charge with everything else remaining the same. I would start at 2.0gr. and work up from there. I also found data for 60gr. hollowpoint bullet if you need it. Hope this helps. Good luck and Happy Shootin'!

·
Registered
287 Posts
If 2.1gn might be MAX, why would you start at 2.0gn? Granted, even a 10% reduction would only take you down to 1.9gn.
I know folks hate to do it, but you can call Alliant and ask them. They almost certainly have unpublished data.
Be careful with those small charge weights, as you are at the point where a 0.2gn difference could have a large effect.

·
Registered
517 Posts
thank you so much 60 grain data would be helpful also happy new year to all
Lyman manual #49 says 2.3gr. Red dot as max. charge with 60gr. Hornady XTP bullet seated to OAL of .925". Good luck and Happy Shootin'!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts