Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting about 60% ignition when shooting .32 acp from wife's new .327 lcr. I knew it would be iffy, and not a dealbreaker, just thought I'd share my results. Ammo was 78gr Aguila. Will try with Remington as it may have a thicker rim.

Anyone else have good results shooting .32 acp from their .327 lcr?

.32 H&R and .327 ammo shot flawlessly as expected.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have some that I haven't tried yet ( too busy working on reloading ) , but from what I've read, that's about par for the course. Quirky, but possible. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have an LCR and I've not tried shooting .32 acp from my SP101 but, for what it's worth, Aquila is the only ammo that had failures to fire from my 38 special Smith and wesson model 14-4. Maybe it's unfair but I won't buy that brand any more. Was your .32 H&R and .327 ammo also Aquila?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have some that I haven't tried yet ( too busy working on reloading ) , but from what I've read, that's about par for the course. Quirky, but possible. :)
What powder are you using? (hijack):confused:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have an LCR and I've not tried shooting .32 acp from my SP101 but, for what it's worth, Aquila is the only ammo that had failures to fire from my 38 special Smith and wesson model 14-4. Maybe it's unfair but I won't buy that brand any more. Was your .32 H&R and .327 ammo also Aquila?
Negative. The .32 h&r was ammo by dannylikewingy, the .327 was American Eagle. Had a box of 100 gr jsp from about 6 years ago when I bought a Charter .327, and wasn't set up to reload .327 yet (no brass).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never shoot store bought and don't have brass or dies for 32acp.
Me either. Gave wife the .327 lcr for xmas. All i had loaded was full tilt .32 h&r and ran out of time to make some powderpuff .327 loads. She's fairly new to shooting and wanted something really easy on the hand and ears for her.

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
Danny - Good info - Thanks. I have tried .32 ACP in my Single-Six - but only 12 rounds. The SS hammer has lots of oomph behind it so they all worked. I used the cheapo .32 from bass pro shop – I think it's marked Herter's but made by S&B. As for the questions about why a person would want to do this – just my opinion – adding another caliber adds versatility to the revolver. Why wouldn't a person want something that's more versatile than something else? Just sayin... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had read the Herter's was bought by Cabela's, it priced good to better there + had no issues in several flavors of it

·
Registered
392 Posts
hey there in KC, do you ever mail order ammo?
maybe try some of this-- Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Ammo 32 S&W Long 97 Grain Full Metal Jacket
non-leading fmj, 97gr. at about 800 or so fps. a comfortable plinking round.
also try some of these--http://www.midwayusa.com/product/252920/federal-american-eagle-ammunition-327-federal-magnum-85-grain-jacketed-soft-point-box-of-50 . good defense round but not a "wrist breaker".

when ordering from a place like midwayusa, figure the freight on 4,5,6 boxes and find what is the best deal. if something is out of stock, click on the "notify me" button and you'll get an email when they get some.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey there in KC, do you ever mail order ammo?
maybe try some of this-- Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Ammo 32 S&W Long 97 Grain Full Metal Jacket
non-leading fmj, 97gr. at about 800 or so fps. a comfortable plinking round.
also try some of these--http://www.midwayusa.com/product/252920/federal-american-eagle-ammunition-327-federal-magnum-85-grain-jacketed-soft-point-box-of-50 . good defense round but not a "wrist breaker".

when ordering from a place like midwayusa, figure the freight on 4,5,6 boxes and find what is the best deal. if something is out of stock, click on the "notify me" button and you'll get an email when they get some.
Negative. I roll my own 99% of the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts