Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with 327 revolvers -- what kind of ammo do you use?

327 Federal or 32 h&r or 32 long?

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
If your gun is a .327 FM a good defensive load is Federal .327 FM 85 grain jhp load. there are also some good loads in .32 H&R mag by Hornady Critical Defense and Buffalo Bore as well for plinking ammo now I am still working on that one I have to start reloading. Hope this helps!!! Plus shooting full power .327FM a good example is the American Eagle made by Federal .327FM 100 grain jsp loads are real loud and have quite the recoil as well thats why I first didn't mention this load. I have this load and its basically a load to burn my brass one time then tone down with a nice reload!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts

Yes, all 3 -- my favorite practice round is a 100gr plated in the 32 H&R case.

You will find that shooting full power .327 Federal loads Is LOUD, like REAL LOUD.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes, all 3 -- my favorite practice round is a 100gr plated in the 32 H&R case.

You will find that shooting full power .327 Federal loads Is LOUD, like REAL LOUD.
Loud, and borderline unpleasant. At least in my .327 LCR. Missed the boat on the 3" SP.....still hating myself for that.

I shoot mousefart .32 hr level loads in .327 fed brass. My reloads of course.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use all, but mainly shoot the 100gr AE 327 as those are the cheapest I usually find. I haven't started reloading yet but plan to later in the year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I sometimes shoot 32 S&W but I don't care for the carbon ring it creates, so most of the time I shoot .327, one of the American Eagle offerings. Every now and then I'll take a box of Speer Gold Dots or Buffalo Bore and shoot those.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts

I have a good stockpile of 327 FM, 32 h&r mag, 32 s&w long and 32 s&w short

My EDC is a LCR 327 and I carry 32 h&r mags 85gr JHP

All shoot great but the 32 h&r mags are my favorites

·
Registered
181 Posts
All 327 cases but loaded to whatever level I feel like. One of my Single 7s and the SP101 have never seen a jacketed bullet. And the other Single 7 only saw a box so I had some brass.

I seem to be in the minority but I don't have any issues w/ how loud it is. I find a 357 to be more unpleasant. But I also don't subject myself to shooting indoors.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Nothing but 327 ammo in my 327s. For CCW I have some Speer JHP. The rest of the time I shot my own hand loads, either with 100 XTPs, 100 plated, or 100 cast.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I roll my own (though I bought some Federal 100gr 327), but only 327 in both my LCR and SP101. I'm still working up mild, medium, and wild loads. Over the last couple of days I've loaded 300 rounds, so I'll know more the next time I make it to the range.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The American Eagle 100 gr JSP is accurate in my 327's. I know of one Deer that was taken with that load in a Single Seven.

This is what it looks like after passing though four milk jugs.

This is a 32 H&R load - Georgia Arms, 100 gr XTP caught in the fifth water jug.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The American Eagle 100 gr JSP is accurate in my 327's. I know of one Deer that was taken with that load in a Single Seven.

This is what it looks like after passing though four milk jugs.

This is a 32 H&R load - Georgia Arms, 100 gr XTP caught in the fifth water jug.

Were those fired from a Single 7?

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
The cartridge is almost too versatile!

The only factory ammo I keep around is the 85 gr. Federal JHP. I usually taylor my loads to the task at hand. For small game and varmints in the barn, a 90gr.cast SWC over a few grains of 231 in a 32 S&W long case is excellent medicine. The 32 H&R case with 11+ grs of lilgun under the 100 gr XTP kills coyote sized game out to 50 yds no problem. Full house 327's add at least 65 yds on to that, especially with 115 gr bullets.
Like I said, taylor your loads!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I happened upon a lgs owner who is big on 327 mag and loads them. His loads are more comfortable to shoot than ae 100gr. He takes my brass and gives me a good price on reloads. Have a 3 inch sp101 32 h&r and a pile of 32 long and h&r mags so I kinda shoot what I feel like. I like the 32 h&r best from both guns. Hope the 327 catches on better and ammo becomes plentiful

1 - 15 of 15 Posts