Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in picking up an SP101 in .327 federal magnum but I've heard about some quality control issues (flattened primers and timing issues). Has anyone here been having these issues? Also, having a really hard time finding the things. The .327 revolvers seem to be completely out of stock everywhere including online.

Here's why I'm interested: my wife can shoot fine with a 9mm (my username gives away my semiauto preferences) but she can't clear the thing. I realized that if she had a malfunction, she wouldn't be able to get her gun back up and running if she needed to (I do understand that revolvers have malfunctions too!!). But--the low capacity of snubbies gives me some serious pause. That's where .327 comes in. On paper, it sounds ideal--but with the problems I've heard about, I'm not sure.

Any advice?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope that there are no issues! I picked one up brand new about 2 months ago. I have yet to shoot it though!
Sorry :( for the record, it's pretty much only two videos on YouTube I've seen where people have had problems, and happy campers are probably not gonna make as much noise as people who run into issues. One guy had been messing around with changing the springs, so I took his opinion with an underground mining deposit of salt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one and I love it no problems other than you just about have to reload to get ammo witch I do anyway so no problem for me.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had a 4” SP101 .327 for about 4 years.

The original spring was way too heavy, so I put in a lighter one.

Since then it has been absolutely reliable and accurate.

Only negative comment: the Federal 100gr loads are very hot and kick hard. If I was to shoot lots of them, I’d get different grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts