Ruger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,090 Posts
It is a caliber that shouts reload. With cast bullets it would be pretty inexpensive shooting and sounds like a lot of fun woods walking.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I've got 2 .32 mags, a 101 and a single six, been holding off to see if it takes off or i can get a good deal from a non re-loader. Last factory stuff for it were scary enough price wise.
What would make me jump would be a marlin lever in .327.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
What is the basic difference between .327 and the .357? If you do not reload isn't it better to stick with something that is always available?:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The logical side of my brain agrees with you Beerman. The only advantage I see is that you pick up that sixth round in the same size cylinder. And adjustable rear sight. But, for a reason that I do not understand, I love that little revolver and am happy with the cartridge. It gets the job done. It seems like the ideal trail gun anywhere there are not big bears.

·
Registered
68 Posts
New .327 owner.

Add me to the list, I got my first range session this last weekend and really love this new round and gun! Shooting .32's it's mild and friendly and cheap to shoot. Put in the .327's and WOW, does it wake up. The Speer 115g. .327 magnum are 500 ft lbs energy and hit very hard, considerably more then .38 special +P and even 9mm+P. I bought this for the wife bedside and motorhome travel, and will prob. dial it back to the reduced recoil Federal 85g round at 370 ft lbs for her.

I added the crimson trace grips and did a thorough clean and polish on the trigger and it shoots really sweet. I haven't shot much the last 6 months, but this is a 6 round sheet I brought back after running 24 rounds through it.

Ohh...BTW first post here...looking for more .327 buddies.:)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts