Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post on RugerForum.com in the revolver forum.One of the members just got the new SP 101 .327 Mag. He bought the Federal American Eagle 100 gr. soft point rounds to test fire.Price: $29.00 for a box of 50. Yikes! And that's the cheaper stuff.HydraShoks and Gold Dot JHP's will be alot more than that per round. I can still get AE .38 Spl 130 gr.FMJ for $12.00 a box.That's one nice thing about having a pistol chambered in a .357 Magnum for serious work and .38 Spl for practice.They might consider offering a coupon/rebate on reloading equipment just to get the ball rolling on this new combo!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Two words:

Reloading with home cast bullets!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
everything is going up but yikes that is awful high. i still think that high price of ammo is what killed the 32 h&r magnum when it was introduced. They were so late in getting out affordable ammo for range practice---caused a lot of folks to ignore it and stay with the affordable 38.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Once the new wears off and it doesn't sell very well, it'll come down some..............but reloading will be the only way to shoot a lot............

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,492 Posts
Wow! That will get into your retirement account. Has anyone seen any reloading data on the 327?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I would just about bet a dollar to a doughnut that this gun will be gone in about 2yrs. Things are just getting out of hand money wise. People on a fixed income can't buy these new guns that we can't even afford to shoot. It's just getting crazy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone tried one yet. My missus cant handle an SP in 357 (it has too much thump) and a GP is too big for her hand. And semi autos hurt her wrist. So if I can find one I was gonna try her with that but nobody around here has one so I dont know much about them yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts