Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some lead cast bullets from a guy in a trade they are 356to a light 357 diameter , most are 356 and iam wonderin how they would do in a 9mm handgun? my P95 in perticular, any how i think they would be fine ?? any thoughts here they have no coating and are lubed with lee anox lube, ?? so any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
As 9mm bullets are .355, I believe that lead bullets sized .356 would work just fine. However, if the bullets are too soft, they will lead the heck out of the bore. It is a fine line trying to put enough powder in the case to make the gun fucntion properly and not so much as to lead the barrel.

·
Registered
191 Posts
They'll work just fine with just enough of a fast burning powder to cycle the gun. Then you can start trying to find an accurate load without leading that will still cycle the gun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
shaner,

My step son bought a Ruger P95T. We bought a set of RCBS Dies and he used my press and equipment to load up his ammo. We tried the usual 9mm type bullets and had so much fun that we shot up all his ammo and bullets pretty quick.
Then while looking for something else to load we found a box of 158gr .357" SWCs. These were for my .357 Mag, but he wanted to try them in his P95.
I don't remember which book he found data in or exactly what powder he used, but his Ruger digested those larger bullets without a hitch. A couple thousands of extra diameter won't hurt anything. All you gotta do is get enough velocity and recoil impulse to insure proper feeding and they'll work ... as long as the pistol will feed them.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.