Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alamo Ammo stepping up to the plate at $5.10 per round!
Go get it boys!
SMDH....

357 Mag Winchester 110 Gr JHP 50 Rnds M-ID: Q4204 UPC: 020892201958
AS LOW AS PRICE: $254.95

·
Registered
796 Posts
You could start getting the equipment for loading for now. And get a manual. And read how to reload. Then when things get back to normal. Stock up on components.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It will go back to normal. This is the worst shortage i have witnessed. I think it will be longer this time around. But in time things will settle. Have to try an keep an positive attitude in these trying times.
I try to remain hopeful, but I also see what is on the table with the new administration.
Biden/Harris have been pretty clear that they want to stop online gun and ammo sales including gun parts and accessories, which would probably include reloading supplies.

They certainly appear to have the votes needed to implement their policies.

You couple that with the fact that stores like Walmart no longer carry a lot of popular ammunition calibers, it does not bode well for things going back to normal anytime soon.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Good luck getting started with reloading right now.
Powder, primers and brass are non-existent.
Some commercial bullets are available, but supply is sketchy.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Im lucky to have a LGS who's reloading supplies are the same price wise and less on some items. As online retailers are. And no hazmat or shipping to deal with.Im an hour or so from Cabala's for buying xtreme bullets or jacketed too.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was told that gas stations base their fuel prices not on what they paid for gas currently in their tanks, but the cost of the next load they have to buy.
If an LGS sells his components at pre-shortage prices, that is nice for the buyer.

However, the LGS cannot replenish his stock, so he has nothing else to sell.
No sales = no income.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m trying to be “ nice”......... and not say things like “price gouging” and such.........heh!
……………...you don't have to be nice, when your telling the truth...…PRICE GOUGING IS ALIVE & WELL on the ammo shelves these days & that's IF you can find it on the shelf at all.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
When my range has ammo it's still priced at prepandemic levels for handguns. Can't get lead OO buckshot in 12 gauge, was $5.99 for
box of five. Occasionally has more exotic plated,coated 12gauge box of five for $17.99 to $29.99.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When I got my latest stimulus check I told a friend I was thinking about looking for a new revolver, but only in 9mm or 45ACP. He didn't understand why I wouldn't get a 357 or 44mag. I told him I was sure as hell not starting to find yet another caliber right now! He didn't really understand me at the time because he wasn't actively shopping ammo. The cheapest 357 on Ammoseek right now is $1.15/rd, the cheapest 38spc $1/rd. I think I made the right call. ;-)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don’t blame you one bit for that, today is not the time to add a gun you have no ammo for!
When I got my latest stimulus check I told a friend I was thinking about looking for a new revolver, but only in 9mm or 45ACP. He didn't understand why I wouldn't get a 357 or 44mag. I told him I was sure as hell not starting to find yet another caliber right now! He didn't really understand me at the time because he wasn't actively shopping ammo. The cheapest 357 on Ammoseek right now is $1.15/rd, the cheapest 38spc $1/rd. I think I made the right call. ;-)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Less than a week ago I bought a couple hundred rounds of 357 magnum 158 grain ammo for .86/round. It’s Norma brand possibly made in Hungary. Now the cheapest 158 grain ammo according to AmmoSeek is almost $4/round. Wow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts