Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Model 357 made in 62 with a 10' barrel , should be an 8 groove. Pretty beat, was thinking of getting it re-blued. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
A couple of thoughts. Your definition of "pretty beat" may vary with others' observations. Use means character to many; once done, you cannot go back. But, search for those who do refinish as close to original factory AS POSSIBLE. Suggest you contact Dan Tanko to discuss......he is Rugerguy on the other RugerForum.com...Tell him I sent you.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Ruger will give you a duplication of the original factory blue job and a very reasonable price. If you want a higher polish or deeper and shinier blue try elsewhere. You can start with Dan for either, he knows Rugers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ruger

If you send it to Ruger that will install a transferr bar in it and it will loose any collector value. 10' flat tops are not very common.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
True they will convert it, but there's no permanent modifications, they will return the original parts and the owner can put them right back in. Or the owner can keep the action parts if there's any doubt about getting them back. That's what I would do.

It won't be original after the re-blue anyway, but have about the same or a little more value as it does now with very worn finish.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Pretty beat, was thinking of getting it re-blued. Any thoughts on this?
If you think if it's looking homely,and you are wanting to keep it, re-blue it so you like the way it looks.

Or, you put it up for sale, and let a Ruger collector take it home for the cost of a new one +.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts