Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the year-old gun that I got for a good price from my neighbor, then took it to the range and it would not feed when loaded with more than one round. I decided to send it back to Marlin, not knowing exactly how old the gun was but I was basically promised over the phone that this problem, if not under warranty, should be covered within their $45 charge.

I think that was less than two weeks ago, can't remember exactly. But I called today to check on it and was told that they were done with it, they replaced the carrier and the single lever? I asked again and that's what it sounded like she was saying, single lever. Anyway, they test fired it on their range (cool job, huh?) and shipped it out to me yesterday!

So it really should be like new when I get it back, and I look forward to taking it out again. Meanwhile, I am glad I recently picked up a half dozen .357 dummy rounds, I'll have to find an old cowboys 'n' ****** movie on TV and cycle a few of those bad boys through it to hold me over till I can get to the range!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad to hear that things seem to have worked out for you on the gun. Good shooting.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might be right, Jody! But I think the obvious gap in my little arsenal is a shotgun! I do want a gun I can use for skeet and stuff. Problem is, I really, really like pretty shotguns. And pretty shotguns are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't shoot CCI aluminum cased ammo in your lever, unless you load them individualy, I did this once and ended up taking the gun apart to remove a seperated round.... the aluminun is to soft to work in this type of action !

·
Registered
16 Posts
My no.1 fun gun, and I own a few rifles. The .357 really comes alive out of a long barrel, the damn thing shoots like, well, a rifle. Had mine for just over a year, and already over a thousand rounds down the tube....check out AO ghost ring sights, what a combo!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've got the 1894 and GP-100 4" combo and love them. It's what I take when we for cabin stays. I have some pretty warm Buffabore 180 grainers that should do well in unlikely event of a hostile black bear.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Your gun probably had what they call the "Marlin Jamb". A notch gets worn into the carrier from the sharp edge on the lever causing it to jamb up. Do a search for it, there's a sight out there with all the info on the cause, problem and fix.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
18,526 Posts
I just bought some Hornady LEVERevolution 357 Mag ammo for my Marlin 1894C. It's been too cold for a range trip so I'm chomping at the bit to see how these will perform. Hornady just started selling the LEVERevolution bullets for reloading. If my target and chronograph data looks good, I may just have to invest in a box of bullets for grins.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.