Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ruger redhawk and the cylinder is locked up on reassembly. I put the cylinder in and the trigger assembly in and as long as the cylinder latch isn't in a notch the trigger will rotate the cylinder once after that it's locked back up. If I press the latch with a pin and then pull the trigger again it will work for one pull. When I open the cylinder and press the cylinder lock button? On the face I can pull the trigger and everytime the pawl and latch work properly. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If it was me, I would suspect myself of messing up reassembly (if it was working before). I would throw my back out kicking myself and then get, or re-get, reassembly information and start all over again, working on a towel to catch any little thing that could fall and bounce and going very, very slow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it was me, I would suspect myself of messing up reassembly (if it was working before). I would throw my back out kicking myself and then get, or re-get, reassembly information and start all over again, working on a towel to catch any little thing that could fall and bounce and going very, very slow.
I would agree I did something just not sure when or how I have a 3 walled bench I do my cleaning on. It appears now that the pawl is trying to engage the ratchet too soon/low and it's binding there the spring and detent for the pawl is good and in place I'm going to call ruger Monday and see what they say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts