Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NIB and really know just about nothing about it. A little searching hasn't revealed much.

Does anyone here know anything you can share??

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
They only made about 8000 of them. I acquired one it a trade about a year ago but moved in on to bigger and better things. Certainly collectible though. Check Gunbroker!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I shoot one and really like it.
I use both cylinders, but prefer the 38-40.

I found a couple more about a year ago at a gun show.
The guy was asking $650 each new in the box and I guess I should have bought them. I was really looking for a 44 Mag / 44-40, so I passed. Been kicking myself ever since.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It was made for Buckeye back in the early 80's.
I think there were only 5000 made if remember correctly.
Or maybe that was the 44 Mag / 44-40.
Getting old sucks when it comes to a feeble mind. LOL!

·
Registered
88 Posts
They were made for a distributor and they are known as "Buckeye" guns, I think they were only made one year and there was also a run of 32-20/ 32 H&R Blackhawks.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
This was a limited edition made I believe for davidsons or cherrys. It was out as a combo to be different. 900 or so nib is about right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can chime in with... I want one! 10mm is my favorite round and the Ruger Single Action is my favorite gun... Getting the two in one place would be priceless! But your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
947 Posts
If it's one of the "Buckeye Sports" Blackhawks, it would have this stamp on the top strap. This pic is my .32-20 / .32 H&R Mag Blackhawk and the .38-40 / 10mm will have the same stamp.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
RAC55,

The 32-20/32 H&R is a great combination. I reamed the H&R cyl to 327 Fed Mag and shoot both from that cyl. Easiest reaming I ever did, about 20 minutes by hand. Very little metal removed.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice you listed it as a Single Six in your list of owned guns.

·
Registered
947 Posts
RAC55,

The 32-20/32 H&R is a great combination. I reamed the H&R cyl to 327 Fed Mag and shoot both from that cyl. Easiest reaming I ever did, about 20 minutes by hand. Very little metal removed.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice you listed it as a Single Six in your list of owned guns.
That's because mine is one of the first 200 or so guns produced in the series and they were shipped as 'Single Six Buckeye Special' on the box with a different catalogue no. SSM-6X. The rest of the 5042 Buckeye 32-20 / 32HR revolvers were shipped as 'Blackhawk Buckeye Special' with a completely different catalogue no. S-32X. The box on my revolver is what makes my gun so rare as mine is serial #209

·
Registered
865 Posts
Keep looking for a 38-40/10mm at a decent price and keep hoping Lipsey or somebody has Ruger do a new 10mm/40S&W model.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
The Cabela's in Hoffman Estates IL had one in the Gun Library case today. I don't see it on the website, but that usually only shows things that have been there for awhile. IIRC, the price was $550 for the revolver with both cylinders, but I don't know if that includes the case.

I know that Cabela's can ship Gun Library items between stores, but I believe there is a fee for that service.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think it is an awesome option for the Blackhawk. I missed on one years ago at a gun show. But I am always keeping my eyes peeled.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Buckeye Specials

Yes, the Buckeyes Specials were a limited edition for Johns Sporting Goods, also known as "Buckeye Sports" here in Canton,Ohio, thus the "Buckeye" leaf atop the top strap, they were made in 1989 for the 32-20/32 H&R Mag and then in 1990 for the 38-40/10 MM, the 'error was in the first blue print end labels, ONLY nothing to do with the gun, so maybe a bit more collectible, I just saw a 3 digit numbered gun in the 400 range and it did NOT have the "error" label, but then again, most of these are as they were of limited production, more like the 5000 mentioned above.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RAC55,

I didn't reply sooner and should have. Mine has that stamp on the top strap.

I'm having a gunsmith inspect the chambers & etc, and may look for a 38-40 Lever to team up with this....

Thanks for all the info. This is an interesting piece and should be fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts