·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Range day with a few of the .38s

-Cimarron Frontier .357/.38 SA 7.5"
-Taurus Model 82 .38 used police carry 4"
-S&W M&P Bodyguard .38+p snubby

shot from 21 and 30' and used a variety of ammo including self defense (in the snubby) and my reloads in everything

hard to argue with the range to myself and 60 degree weather

honestly... The 4" Taurus shot the best groups--- but I'm still getting used to the Cimarron sight picture

Middle target pic is Taurus, bottom pic is snubby, top is Cimarron

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Do you have a favorite of the three?
Interesting question... They are each so different from one another. Like them all. But I'm becoming quite a SA fan...

However, my real favorite was left at home (6.5" Taurus Tracker w/lugged and ported barrel)... My first handgun (bought same day/time as SR22) and a real tack driver. The trigger, both DA/SA is very very nice after working it in...

So- I like them all... Viva la differance!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Isn't that great? I enjoy the differences of my revolvers. I like the big ones as much as the little snubs. They have their redeeming qualities.

You have a nice variety of revolvers. :)

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Nice collection. Ive been kicking around trying a Taurus. The 9mm & 45 acp both kinda interest me.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice collection. Ive been kicking around trying a Taurus. The 9mm & 45 acp both kinda interest me.
I have 5 Taurus revolvers and am pleased with them-

Taurus model 627 Tracker .357 DA 7-shot stainless 6.5" barrel
Taurus M82 4" .38 spl blued old police carry
Taurus M990 4" .22lr stainless 9-shot DA stainless
Taurus Judge 6" .45colt/.410 5-shot DA blued
Taurus M941 4" .22WMR blued 8-shot

All unique and fun to shoot!

I bought the Ruger Blackhawk SA convertible recently to shoot .45acp/.45colt (it shoots the .45acp without moon clips)

I eventually want a 9mm revolver (maybe another convertible ruger... Or the charter arms... They make a 5" 9mm that doesn't require moon clips)

·
Registered
10 Posts
New .357 Ruger Blackhawk

I bought a Ruger Blackhawk last week and have been working on .357 loads without much success. I ordered some 157 grain Xtreme brand JHP. Maybe the heavier bullets will shoot better in .357 cases.
I was given a load for 38 special on another forum, a couple of days back. The load was 2.8 grains of Bullseye with a 148 grain WC BB. My first group at 25 yards was 1.152. Four of the five shots went into .452. I thought I was missing the target most of the time, that I was shooting the target. It felt like I was shooting a .22. I love this Blackhawk. I have worked on the trigger and have it just under 2 lb pull. It is smooth and no creep. I love Blackhawks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts