Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful low serial number ruger no.1 it's in 22-250 quarter rib, medium weight barrel, original vertical spit rings, original Redfield 6-18X, and the original bianchi basket weave cobra sling! Just how it was bought in 1967! Serial # 15xx One owner! I need help on what its worth? Thanks CHRISTIAN

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
That’s a looker my friend. I think you could pull $1800 out of it, it would seem when it comes to selling gun it’s all about timing. I’d have a hard time parting with it if it were mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya Mark, I think your right I might have to keep it. I only paid 750$ from the original owner! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
242 Posts
$750 was a steal.
The "bad" news if there is any, is that this configuration and caliber was the most common one for early non-prefix No. 1s, so most No. 1 loonies like myself already have one and won't place a premium on it. Also, wood figure always adds $$$ on these, so the plain wood on yours doesn't help either.

Here's how I'd price it, given current trends:

Rifle - ~$1000

vertically split rings - ~$250

Redfield scope - ~$175

Sling - $0

So, in total around $1400. Maybe.
Most guys just aren't willing to offer much for something like this these days. You might do better selling the rifle and rings separate from the scope,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya, I had it on armslist for a day or two for 1,500$ but after taking it to the range today I took the ad off! It shoots so nice! My first three shots at 100 yards were all in the same hole! So I'm putting my cz 550 on armslist instead! Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts