Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I am looking real close at that SR-9 myself. I got one tupperware in .40S&W and no 9mm. I like the looks of the all black the best. Think I might get one next year sometime.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Wish they would make a compact SR40... but thats a dead horse.

Now one of them Chargers would make an excellent companion to my 10/22...

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Yawn....
Maybe you'd be more interested in a pink KP90?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm really intrigued by the return of the .480 Ruger. I was stationed in Alaska during my military days, that would have been a nice side arm to have. I would like one, but my wife wants to know just what in hell I would need one for in S Texas.

I think I'll pass on the Pink KP90.

·
Registered
704 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rman

quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Yawn....
Maybe you'd be more interested in a pink KP90?
Now that sounds intriguing, maybe with "AQUA" grips for the BBQ's :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I been told I got a bad attitude...I do...my feelings are hurt that everytime Ruger gets a winner like the P97, the P90DC, the DAOs,the decockers, and the P95(rumored to be dropped), they either drop it and go with something more PC or "modern" and it seems that the new ones aren't what most Ruger fans like...instead they're a new idea of "someone" at Ruger....not what we've been clamoring for....a good restaurant tries to serve what it's patrons like, not what the cook dreams up....from the last 2-3 years, it seems like we buyers don't matter to them too much.....that's why I'm stickin' my nose up at their new stuff...too much good old stuff's being sacrificed to make room for "progress" that I believe ISN'T.....I'll be buying about 6 Rugers as soon as I can...all of them used...nothing new interests me with the exception of a 10/22....that's why I'm yawnin'....

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I am with ya sheepdog...I am here wondering what is the purpose of a gun lock. If you lock a gun what good is it? Today they have more locks on the guns then I have on my doors. I will buy up all of the old Rugers that I can too in the coming year.

I am thinking back to being raised in my fathers house with 6 boys and a sister and we never ever had a lock for a gun. Never had a safe either as I have never known a gun that needed protecting. The safest place for our guns was always a corner, kitchen corner, dining room corner, living room corner, bedroom corner or closet corner. Never had to put any of those guns in jail or put the handcuffs on them either. Obedient guns if I remember correctly.

Today our guns are slaves. They must be locked up and sometimes even be put in chain gangs. I think we need to restore our guns rights and their civil liberties. Free our guns now.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by peace
Today our guns are slaves. They must be locked up and sometimes even be put in chain gangs. I think we need to restore our guns rights and their civil liberties. Free our guns now.
+1 Peace!

·
Registered
102 Posts

I am with ya sheepdog...I am here wondering what is the purpose of a gun lock. If you lock a gun what good is it? Today they have more locks on the guns then I have on my doors. I will buy up all of the old Rugers that I can too in the coming year.

I am thinking back to being raised in my fathers house with 6 boys and a sister and we never ever had a lock for a gun. Never had a safe either as I have never known a gun that needed protecting. The safest place for our guns was always a corner, kitchen corner, dining room corner, living room corner, bedroom corner or closet corner. Never had to put any of those guns in jail or put the handcuffs on them either. Obedient guns if I remember correctly.

Honest and funny at the same time. Outstanding!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Come to Texas...plenty of sinners to pastor...guns may be kept at the ready....

·
Registered
842 Posts

Right on brother. One of the big problems in the good old US of A these days is there are too many people trying to save us from ourselves. Politicos, women's groups, and the many so called "experts" that crawl out of the woodwork from time to time with ideas that come from where the Gods only know where to keep the rest of us safe and sound. At 69 yrs of age I do not need some person(s) 20 to 30+ yrs younger than myself regardless of education or idealistic ideals worrying about my safety and trying to shove their maybe well meaning, but less than knowledgeable ideas down my throat. I can take care of me and mine by myself with no outside interference from anyone quite well. I DON'T NEED no stinking gun locks unless I choose too have them!!!
End of rant:)
Baker

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Baker, how can you know what is good for you and your family, when you can't even listen to a speech and know what they say without some reporter saying he or she said this but they really meant to say ----? :( Guess we're pretty dumb! I've come to the conclusion that we are being conditioned to not think for ourselves and become Robots.

·
Registered
842 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

Originally posted by KP97DC

Baker, how can you know what is good for you and your family, when you can't even listen to a speech and know what they say without some reporter saying he or she said this but they really meant to say ----? :( Guess we're pretty dumb!
Politicos spout it out and reporters translate it to fit their own ideas!! Scary aint it!:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts