Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody played with or shot the new 4" Redhawk in 45 Colt?

I'm really considering one as a "wood's gun" and wondered what people thought about it. I may go with a 44 Mag, as I already own one 44 Mag, but I also have a Colt SAA in 45 Colt.

I'm really interested in people's reviews on the new 4" Redhawk. Thanks in advance.

Biker

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I have the .44 Mag 4 inch. When I walked into the gun store, they had both the .45 and the .44. It was not too hard to decide, as I had just traded my only .44 Mag and needed another one. Anyway, the gun is great. My wife actually even likes it! My only complaint, and this is kind of typical of Redhawks, is that the trigger pull gets harder it seems toward the end after the cylinder locks up. It is hard to do much with the Redhawk trigger due to a single spring powering both the hammer and trigger. I know you know what they look like, but I just cant resist posting a pic!

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else?

I read your review Mr. Gunman, thank you. I'm sure you like that gun and it's a beaut. :)

Biker

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not yet but im wanting one

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 4" .44 mag. I replaced the stock Hogue grips with Pachmayr Presentation grips, which take the sting out of shooting .44 mag loads.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, I recently bought one in .45 Colt for the same reason as you want one and it fits the job well. I do have a SA in .44mag but it has a 6" barrel. The .45 can be loaded to equal the .44 and balances nicely. Did replace the 17# trigger spring with a Wolf 14# and the DA is now sweet.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts