Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 7 shot Taurus, it happened 2012. Myself and some buddies were out shooting in the woods when it happened. I was relatively unhurt, a few small pieces hit my face and it felt like someone hit my hand with a sledge hammer. I was shooting factory green box Remington 357 ammo, on the third shot was the kaboom. I sent the pistol back to Taurus and about 5 weeks later they sent me a brand new replacement. I immediately took it down and traded it for a Ruger SP101. Taurus never called me to ask if I was OK or to see if I was going to sue them, oh well.
gun2.jpg
gun3.jpg

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
So how is the Ruger SP101 working out for you .
That was 8 years ago ... have you shot it yet ?
Good to hear you were not injured .
From your photo's it may have been an ammo problem ...over load blew the chamber .
Did you shoot any more of that box of Remington ammo ?

Gary

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Ruger is awesome always will be, it's the wife's house gun . I did not shoot any more ammo out of that box and probably should have pursued the issue with Remington but in the end was glad to not be hurt and not out a handgun...

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,730 Posts
I'm no Taurus fan, but out of caution I don't shoot hot loads out of my mid-1990s stainless 85. It's had several thousand standard .38s and a few +p rounds since I got it used in 1998.

As for your gun, since it was a factory load, it may not have been your gun but that ammo lot.

Did you tell Remington and send them the lot number?

And good pick on the SP. Ruger metalurgy is good, overdone, even. Their SP and GPs are tanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wouldn’t blame it on the gun as overloads can happen even it factory ammo. Unfortunately, you can’t duplicate that incident because it’s over, so youll never really know.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts